Final Fantasy X Bot
Hi I have weird satisfaction of letting the bot play the game for me, farming item etc. (though the end result is the same with just editting the number of item via cheat engine)

So I am just asking from experience whether it is hard to program a bot that will simulates farming, grinding for final fantasy X? For those who know the game, this process is focused in monster arena.

I have programming background and some knowledge of cheat engine (search value etc.). I always dream of creating an automated program that read and execute from memory! Any insights?

On the sidenotes, does BIOS matter in term of memory editting? Or the memory value is dependent on the game SLUS-XXX ?

Sponsored links

There's a member of our EQOA: Revival forums that uses Lua scripting inside of Cheat Engine to do something similar to what you are talking about. Basically we have a savestate that has all of the networking functions removed (so its just you and the world, no fighting or anything) and he uses Cheat Engine and Lua to simulate the online functions like fighting, changing armor, coaching, etc. Heres the collection of his videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU...j8boDPYLsg
(03-09-2016, 09:30 PM)JonyeGway Wrote: There's a member of our EQOA: Revival forums that uses Lua scripting inside of Cheat Engine to do something similar to what you are talking about. Basically we have a savestate that has all of the networking functions removed (so its just you and the world, no fighting or anything) and he uses Cheat Engine and Lua to simulate the online functions like fighting, changing armor, coaching, etc. Heres the collection of his videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU...j8boDPYLsg

Thank you so much! This is certainly insightful and I'll check it out. Quick question, since I am targeting an offline game, I don't really understand what you mean when you refer to "networking functions in the save state".
It was an online only MMORPG and to be able to roam the entire map on our savestate we had to remove the networking functions or else it would tell us there was a network error and disconnect. Sony took down the server in 2012 and the savestate is the only way to get in the world for now.