Final Fantasy X Crash/Freeze
Ok so in Final Fantasy X(Pal) I get up to Shelinda on the High Road and during the converstation/cut scene she will get to the part where she say's "But you don't understand the crusaders won't even listen to me" "Video of exact part" and bam, total freeze. I've tried several fixes for this and I'm using my own disc.

I'm just wondering if any one has ever experienced this or knows a way around it maybe? I'll post my specs and settings.

SSE41 on D3D11(Hardware)
Custom Resolution 1920x1080
Shade Boost
Texture Filter(Full)
HW Hacks (All)
MSAA2x

Audio is all default and my computer specs are as follows

Intel Core i7 2600k
Nvidia GTX460
Windows 7 64bit

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored links

ffx is buggy at times. make sure you avoid pnach cheats (use save editor instead) and set clamps to full/extra
Hmm I've just switched on the clamps but it still freezes. I've used 2 cheats from pnachs one is the gil cheat and the other is when ever i get into a battle every one will get SP even when they're not active in a fight. Maybe that's the problem. I'll try another save without these cheats and let you know what happens. Thanks for the help =)

On a side note, can enabling frame limiter effect the game in any sort of way?
Nope frame limiter will not affect it. Also it could be a bad ISO dump, try redumping the game from the disc with imgburn (www.imgburn.com)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-20-2013, 02:28 AM)Bositman Wrote: Nope frame limiter will not affect it. Also it could be a bad ISO dump, try redumping the game from the disc with imgburn (www.imgburn.com)

Aye I thought that as well, Although I tried using the disc afterwards and it did the same thing, but would that just be because the save file or game has error'd in some way? or the disc could be faulty?

When I dump the image what read speed should I use? I've never actually dumped an image before so i'm new to it. Thanks in advanced.
If imgburn didn't give you any errors the disc should be fine. It could be caused by cheats as said above though so try with a save file without em
[Image: newsig.jpg]
;3; Is it too late to ask what you did exactly for a Fix. I am so happy I am not the only person who ended up with a Hang at this point in the game...

If you can get past it, I will be happy with a Mem card/Save State of the next location

THANK YOU
(01-21-2013, 03:13 PM)Zeroix7 Wrote: ;3; Is it too late to ask what you did exactly for a Fix. I am so happy I am not the only person who ended up with a Hang at this point in the game...

If you can get past it, I will be happy with a Mem card/Save State of the next location

THANK YOU

Hey. I'll get the info for you when I find it, I'm just looking now and wanted to let you know i'll post it here when I find the link etc. Bare with me Tongue

Okay here it is - Go to this link and download "Revision 5530". After I did this I dragged all the files from that folder into my PCSX2 main directory, You might lose your saved games so back up your save folder which should be in "C:\Users\*You*\Documents\PCSX2", Infact I'd just back up all the important things just to be sure (Like your BIOS, Saves, Settings etc.)

After I did this FFX worked after this point and I've not had 1 problem with the game, or any other, since. Hope it helps Smile

If I knew how, I would Gladly give you infinite internets ;3; Thank you fellow Gamer.