Final Fantasy X - Ghosting Bug / Flickering Window Inquiry
Hey guys,

So I read that a high(er) internal resolution will cause some ghosting effects. What I mean by ghosting is where some of the characters/enemies have this sort of "double" not directly over it, but a bit to the side.

However, even with native resolution I experience ghosting.

Here's a screenie on Native:
[Image: jskg03.png]

And here's a screenie on x2 Scaling:
[Image: 54ekuw.png]

As you can see, both settings have ghosting. Is there a way to rid of this?
(Preferablly on something above Native)

Thanks!

Note that it isn't just motion blur, it's an actual double.

Sponsored links

It's not a bug, it's an effect in the game and it's in the PS2 too, it just doesn't look so great in your end.

You can remove it by setting the skipdraw hack in a recent GSdx (like the one included in the latest PCSX2 0.9.7 beta) to 1 or higher, see the GSdx > hacks subsection in the configuration guide to know how to enable the hacks panel:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...v0-9-7#Gfx
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
PS2 native resolution is 320x240, when the resolution gets upscaled, it creates this effect. Nothing can be done about it.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
(01-02-2011, 02:54 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It's not a bug, it's an effect in the game and it's in the PS2 too, it just doesn't look so great in your end.

You can remove it by setting the skipdraw hack in a recent GSdx (like the one included in the latest PCSX2 0.9.7 beta) to 1 or higher, see the GSdx > hacks subsection in the configuration guide to know how to enable the hacks panel:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Officiell...v0-9-7#Gfx
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Oh.. I have it on disc (with my actual PS2 as well) and I never really noticed it. :s
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try!

@nintendo85
It's there even with native resolution.

EDIT: The skipdraw hack fixed it, thank you!
Just curious though- what exactly does the hack do? And will it (noticeably) affect any other games?

EDIT2: I'm actually noticing a quick black flicker every few seconds. I don't know if it's because of the skipdraw hack?
(01-02-2011, 02:57 AM)Raiser Wrote: EDIT2: I'm actually noticing a quick black flicker every few seconds. I don't know if it's because of the skipdraw hack?

Sounds like a monitor issue but if it's just on Pcsx2 then...can you post screen shots of your settings?
<REDACTED>
(01-02-2011, 02:57 AM)Raiser Wrote: Oh.. I have it on disc (with my actual PS2 as well) and I never really noticed it. :s

Because the difference between a PC monitor and a PS2 --> TV output, but it's there.

Quote:EDIT: The skipdraw hack fixed it, thank you!
Just curious though- what exactly does the hack do? And will it (noticeably) affect any other games?

The description of the hack was in the configuration guide that was linked before, but basically it skips drawing layers of stuff to the video output and yes it can affect other games. In some skipdraw won't do anything, in others not do postprocessing effects (usually helps when there's buggy graphics) and in others it can hide most of the rendered objects, so just try it if you get some graphic problem but leave it off otherwise.

Quote:EDIT2: I'm actually noticing a quick black flicker every few seconds. I don't know if it's because of the skipdraw hack?

If you have Windows Vista/7 and Aero enabled on it then try disabling aero.
It's just the PCSX2 Window, not my monitor.

Here are config settings: (sorry spoiler tags didn't work)
[Image: mhrk2s.png]

[Image: 282icdd.png]

[Image: wspkhx.png]

[Image: 1g42er.png]

[Image: 2v9vuo0.png]

[Image: 34790nl.png]

[Image: 96zw4p.png]

I've already tried undoing all the game fixes (except for the FFX one) and I've tried turning off the skipdraw.

Just tested it with other games too, it's happening with them as well, so it's not just FFX... weird.

@Shadow Lady:
I never had the problem before less than a week ago. So I don't think it's an Aero problem.
(01-02-2011, 04:56 AM)Raiser Wrote: [Image: 282icdd.png]

Turn off the tri-ace and gundam game fixes!! Tongue They won't do anything but cause problems if not with those games.
<REDACTED>
(01-02-2011, 04:56 AM)Raiser Wrote: @Shadow Lady:
I never had the problem before less than a week ago. So I don't think it's an Aero problem.

Sigh... just try it and make sure it's not it Tongue2
(01-02-2011, 06:35 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Sigh... just try it and make sure it's not it Tongue2
Just tried it, it still occurs but only part of the screen flickers black (top half or bottom half).

It's weird, it was perfectly fine about a week ago. And I haven't changed any of the settings besides skipdraw.

@Fezzer:
Will do! No help though, as expected.