Final Fantasy X International - minor compatibility issues
Hi,

just want to drop a few minor compatibility issues for this game. Tested on WinXP SP3, E8400, 9600GT, 3.25GB RAM, VM version.

Game and FMV runs fine (so far - at Kilka, at least) with bearable lag in certain parts (I like the way when there is a slowdown, the sound slows down as well), SPU2ghz and PEOps doesn't render sound correctly (skipping), but using ZeroSPU2 works like a charm. A cheapo made-in-China USB controller works fine with SSSPSX pad after binding the buttons. Using GSdx 872m SSE2/3/41 doesn't seem to have any difference, but I picked SSE41, using Windowed mode, D3D9 Hardware, PS 3.0, everything else on default except for Log Z enabled (which somehow helps with the alpha/transparency for the hair). Enabling VSync will reduce the blurriness in high-motion scenes, but reduce framerate which is expected. Suspect its plugin optimization since it can render menus at blazing speed (>60fps without CPU limiter), and CPU load is roughly around 60% to 70% on "idling" in the game. CPU limiter is set to "Limit" because if its not set, the game will run faster than normal. MTGS enabled for faster rendering.

Sponsored links

Well if I remember right, FFX always ran pretty well even in the official svns. Did it get worse somehow?
Also, the new (playground) SPU2ghz should emulate sound pretty well (I think). Did you try it?
Currently Wait V-Sync will normally half your FPS, regardless. It's not made correctly, I believe. Also, it's for screen tearing, I've never heard of motion sickness needing V-Sync, but maybe that's cause I've never had it.

Not quite sure what your post is about man. You've pointed out that the game runs flawlessly with the right plugin config. These aren't really bugs - just compatibility issues. Some people may be confused(like I was, had to read your post twice cause I thought "Where is his problem?")

It's a given that MTGS will always increase speed(and in some rare cases, lower compatibility)

Also, slow downs on a E8400? You must have it @ Stock Speeds. Cause my Q6600 @ 3.4GHZ has almost no slowdown at all(Except for the known areas of the game that have problems) A E8400 can reach 4.0GHZ on stock, pretty damn easily man, I hope you're not wasting a powerhouse like that. Log Z helps with the missing terrain, I don't think it has to do much with the hair)

ZeroSPU2 should be used in about 90% of games currently I'd say. The other ones require much more knowledge to use and aren't quite up to par with ZeroSPU2 yet.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
Just wanted to add,the current SPU2Ghz playground actually kills ZeroSPU2 in most games Smile It has at most 100 milliseconds of lag,compared to like 1-2 secs zerospu2 has,so I suggest everyone to give it a try Smile
Oh just don't use it on Square games,some very strange and very obscure bug makes it output some funny sounds Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-13-2008, 02:43 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: Currently Wait V-Sync will normally half your FPS, regardless. It's not made correctly, I believe. Also, it's for screen tearing, I've never heard of motion sickness needing V-Sync, but maybe that's cause I've never had it.

Not quite sure what your post is about man. You've pointed out that the game runs flawlessly with the right plugin config. These aren't really bugs - just compatibility issues. Some people may be confused(like I was, had to read your post twice cause I thought "Where is his problem?")

It's a given that MTGS will always increase speed(and in some rare cases, lower compatibility)

Also, slow downs on a E8400? You must have it @ Stock Speeds. Cause my Q6600 @ 3.4GHZ has almost no slowdown at all(Except for the known areas of the game that have problems) A E8400 can reach 4.0GHZ on stock, pretty damn easily man, I hope you're not wasting a powerhouse like that. Log Z helps with the missing terrain, I don't think it has to do much with the hair)

ZeroSPU2 should be used in about 90% of games currently I'd say. The other ones require much more knowledge to use and aren't quite up to par with ZeroSPU2 yet.

Yes E8400 on stock. By slowdowns I mean certain areas of the game, like the opening intro just about the time when Tidus puts his hand on Yuna's shoulders and the view of the ruins. Yes, the V-Sync is related to the screen tearing issue, I couldn't find the correct word for it Tongue

@Bositman: The new SPU2Ghz - in FFX at least - skips sound samples even when set to 40ms latency, so I can't figure out what settings to use for it in the game :\
Yes, he just said not to use it in Square games lol.

Eh, I dunno, I'll stick with ZeroSPU2, hasn't given me an yissues so far. I don't get a FPS drop at the part you mentioned, using the rig in my sig, with GSdx DX9 mode, 1680 x 1050.

V-Sync for example, lowers my FPS to 40 in Persona 4 when enabled, I disable it, 60FPS. What it does is try to half your current FPS, so if I disable the limiter with V-Sync disabled, I'd get 80FPS. (So that'd be 40 FPS with V-Sync on) and such.

While screen tearing ia awful on my 24'' LCD, I still don't enable V-Sync in PCSX2.(Works fine on regular games though)
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
hmm odd, could it be the CPU that causes the slowdown?
Hi,

I've got some weird issues with LilyPad 0.9.4 in FFX. In some menus (like the memory card menu) if I press an up button/stick (using XBox360-pad) I go up in the menu but after releasing the button/stick it automatically goes down to the bottom immediately. I don't know if it is a special issue with this game but I tried other games and didn't noticed anything similar. Any suggestions?

piet
(12-18-2008, 12:50 AM)pietblank Wrote: ...I've got some weird issues with LilyPad 0.9.4 in FFX...
Sounds like you assigned an axis to a button using the regular binding button instead of the axis button. In menus like the save game menu, the item list, etc., the L2 and R2 buttons are used to scroll through the list in large steps, shouldn't be 99 items at once though... I suggest you check that anyway, see my config for reference (LilyPad 0.9.4 and a wireless XB360-Pad).

(12-18-2008, 06:37 PM)morpha Wrote:
(12-18-2008, 12:50 AM)pietblank Wrote: ...I've got some weird issues with LilyPad 0.9.4 in FFX...
Sounds like you assigned an axis to a button using the regular binding button instead of the axis button. In menus like the save game menu, the item list, etc., the L2 and R2 buttons are used to scroll through the list in large steps, shouldn't be 99 items at once though... I suggest you check that anyway, see my config for reference (LilyPad 0.9.4 and a wireless XB360-Pad).

Wow. That was it. It's weird because I didn't notice any issues in other games either. But for FFX - which now runs like a charm - it fixed the only problem I had. So - thank you!

Regs

piet