Final Fantasy X NTSC running real-time (59.94 FPS) on latest beta using Pentium 4 HT
I never looked at the emu source code (maybe I should), so actual implementation and particularities are unknown to me. I can just look at the big picture and relate with actual knowledge on the system as a whole and general fundamentals.

Although a system analyst (at the system support and technology) by profession for decades, I'm now retired and a bit unwilling to deal with coding (which was never main function for me from start albeit unavoidable necessity most of the time Smile ).
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Ah, I see... well I should have learned programming, I was going to start with C++.

I should get another usb N64/PSX adapter but I successfully performed the Jecht shot on keyboard, I'm the best. (and for Lulu's overdrive you just use the mouse in Lilypad [probably])

[Image: DXSnapshot0000299.jpg]

I love this, I'm going to play through the entire game and all the textures are going to be very clean and at most times without the frame limiter I could render much quicker than the PS2 ever could.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
I finally got my video up on YouTube, had to encode it again to XviD with MP3.

PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
That video shows your char moving at a very slow rate (he's doing 2 steps and moving only 1 of what it should normally) in kilika port even tho it's 60fps, totally an effect of speedhacks you're just getting fake FPS there and worse it's just making it slower than it would probably without all hacks enabled.

And yes you're right it's of the very least demanding games but getting those fake FPS there doesn't make it playable really... it's moving too slow, might as well not get the fake fps and move at a normal rate.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-24-2010, 07:04 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: That video shows your char moving at a very slow rate (he's doing 2 steps and moving only 1 of what it should normally) in kilika port even tho it's 60fps, totally an effect of speedhacks you're just getting fake FPS there and worse it's just making it slower than it would probably without all hacks enabled.

And yes you're right it's of the very least demanding games but getting those fake FPS there doesn't make it playable really... it's moving too slow, might as well not get the fake fps and move at a normal rate.

True, although my camcorder only records at 30 FPS so it's going to halve the perceptible framerate (even if it was 120 FPS it would appear a 'super fluid' 30)

If I record something that's 60 FPS, this would basically skip every other frame.

It seems okay in most areas except when the read framerate is dropping below 53-54 FPS (10% roughly)

At any rate I noticed r3555 being quicker in most areas especially when playing Blitzball in Luca.

The framerate doesn't seem to always be mis-read however because 45 and 60 FPS literally are day and night apart and I'm sensitive visually to lag, flickering from refresh rates below 75hz and all I could tell you is it's as smooth as the console was during dialogue and if I remove the frame limiter the characters move even more fluid [although unnaturally] but I lose sync with the sound.

Without speedhacks I definitely see that 'skippiness' your talking about, so it must be the camcorder.

I thought I would never achieve more than 12-20 FPS when I first started fiddling with PS2 emulation about 2 years ago, although I was only at stock frequency and I was using 0.9.6.

But it is strange, in Project 64 1.6 when I was playing the NTSC-U version of Goldeneye 007 I would get a consistent 60 FPS with limiter but in some areas where there was slowdown on the N64 I saw it in the emulator regardless of the 60 FPS (the lag persisted but eased back linearly if I delimited the framerate and let it run as fast as it could go (2x realtime).

I also see slowdown in the emulator the same places you would expect to see slight dipping of framerate on the original console, although it seems more exaggerated on my PC (that's because the PS2 wasn't fully utilized by this game, and my CPU is being maxed out so there really is nothing more it could force out of the poor little chip)

On the real PS2 I get some frame dips in Metal Gear Solid 3, and that's perfectly understandable being a resource hungry game.
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
The fake fps is common and well known problem with the ee cycle rate hack, you'll know if you see a system running the game without the speed hack.
(07-24-2010, 07:17 AM)Dangerousd777 Wrote: True, although my camcorder only records at 30 FPS so it's going to halve the perceptible framerate (even if it was 120 FPS it would appear a 'super fluid' 30)

If I record something that's 60 FPS, this would basically skip every other frame.

Eh... I don't think you understood, your char is moving at half the pace he should, he's basically doing 2 steps and moving ahead only one of what it would if it was working fine... that's not even false FPS that's a broken game already...

What you're trying to say is basically half the FPS in the camcorder yes? That still wouldn't have anything to do with it... it wouldn't increase/decrease the number of steps the char does just make them look skippy.
Just try running the game without any speed hack and let's see how many fps you got Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
I'm going to run with and without speedhacks though and I'll keep my eye's focus closed on the framerate visually (but unfortunately I'm not very good at guessing, so I wonder if Fraps could help)

Anyways, if it's speedhacks making this game playable for me, then that's spectacular... lol

It's probably false FPS readings, but it seems literally more fluid especially without the frame limiter, probably because it's without the 'time-stretching'

Finally though I'm getting 95%+ CPU usage from PCSX2, I'm trying a later revision of SPUX-2 and I left the speedhacks off.

Now, I could play it at it's current speed, but that's going to cost me over a fifth more time, so speedhacks save time at the cost of compatibility, but I'll just keep saving states frequently so I could resume where I was at any time.

But whenever I upgrade or test this on another computer that has a dual core proc it'd be easier to know for sure.

As PCSX2 continues development I could see about 40-42 FPS minimum on this processor throughout the game.

Any dual core is going to do much better than this, but I don't understand how someone with a 1.9 ghz Athlon 64 x2 could only get like 20 FPS in 0.9.6 and 0.9.7, their CPU blows mine out of the water of course.

Without speedhacks I get 45-60 FPS indoors and outside I'm guessing probably 30-40. In short your going to have the game 60 FPS consistently if you have a 2.2-2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo.
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
(07-24-2010, 07:38 AM)Butz_san Wrote: Just try running the game without any speed hack and let's see how many fps you got Smile

Not even that, having the recommended ones are a great speed increase already and possibly not giving any trouble. Certainly having all speedhacks enabled as Dangerousd777 has already just isn't getting a desirable effect.

(07-24-2010, 07:44 AM)Dangerousd777 Wrote: Now, I could play it at it's current speed, but that's going to cost me over a fifth more time, so speedhacks save time at the cost of compatibility, but I'll just keep saving states frequently so I could resume where I was at any time.

If you run into any trouble save states might just have the same problem already, just try to use the normal memcard saves regulary too Tongue2