Final Fantasy X Slowdown
(05-13-2014, 04:25 AM)radybt Wrote: Thanks !! Everything is fine now... !!! But my graphics are like i play mincraft.. how do i make them normal again

I fear that only getting a better video card. the 210 is not only several generations old as it was already the most basic card of it's time. It is just not good enough to 3D (having 1GB of memory helps nothing in this case).
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Im not sure about that I mean... there was this option but i dont know which.. for the graphics quality .. i mean while at normal graphics I was gooing well.. only when certain magic or spots where met the lag occured.. I dont this the graphics make the difference here
(05-13-2014, 04:57 AM)radybt Wrote: Im not sure about that I mean... there was this option but i dont know which.. for the graphics quality .. i mean while at normal graphics I was gooing well.. only when certain magic or spots where met the lag occured.. I dont this the graphics make the difference here

What you are seeing is the native PS2 resolution as it looks in modern monitors. The old TVs had a natural blurring effect which disguised the jagnes.

To have that better resolution you saw before with the 770 the new video card should be able to make the upscale, what this 210 can't do without struggling wildly.

Those magic effects are among the most demanding ones, no wonder that video card can't keep it at all.

Besides, since you are using the software mode, meaning you practically pushed on the FX-8350 all the workload. Things are going relatively well but then, no hope for upscale also.
I would like to get a little off topic if I may..

Do you play regular PC games? and if so, at what resolution and graphical quality? (anything NEWER than 2006)
Well Im with GT210 from a week... before i was playing everything .. BattleField 4 Max settings .. no lag at all... skyrim.. and so on ...

What i mean is that FFX is not laggy when with good graphics .. it was laggin jsut on certain places ...but whatever.. i'll buy PS2/3 lol
Emulating cannot be compared to PC gaming because there are additional layers of processing/abstraction. PC games simply run on the CPU and GPU as they are intended.

Emulated games are not so simple. Your CPU and GPU are not what the game is intended to run on so software must pretend (hence emulate) to be the gaming hardware in order for the game to run properly. This means not only is your CPU and GPU processing the games information it also has to do all the emulation processing to translate (cant think of a better word here) the games "code" into something your PC can natviely understand.

A good example is trying to run a Mac OS in Windows. It isnt easily done natively because they dont speak the same language, but an emulator (like VirtualBox) can translate it so both can speak to one another but there is a performance penalty associated with it (sometimes significant).
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(05-13-2014, 08:25 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: Emulating cannot be compared to PC gaming because there are additional layers of processing/abstraction. PC games simply run on the CPU and GPU as they are intended.
I had a point in asking that.. I have a 520 GT myself, and most PC games need lower settings because they lag something fierce. (pcsx2 on the other hand, works best in sw mode for me)
The problem is going to be solved already since he stated he is going to buy a PS2/3 and then won't need PCSX2 anymore.
(05-13-2014, 10:37 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The problem is going to be solved already since he stated he is going to buy a PS2/3 and then won't need PCSX2 anymore.

Unless, you know, he wants to play those PS2 games in HD or something. Tongue
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
then there's some PS3 HD remakes? Tongue