• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
Finaly here is the fors trailer....
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Debut Trailer

enjoy Smile

Sponsored links

You forgot the link...
I was looking at it.

Seems some slight new textures here or or there, a new water shader for some cutscenes...

Not a whole lot...worth 40$? Not even close.

Worth maybe 10$ bargin bin deal? Yeah. I know it comes with X-2, but no one give s crap about that.

Compare this to this scene on PCSX2 and tell me if it's worth a 40$ difference:

[Image: 71InMwskNZL._SL1500_.jpg]

MAinly looks like they increased the resolution and added AA...which PCSX2 can do, but you can control it instead.

[Image: 71Jz6smAjiL._SL1280_.jpg]

I read the Remaster is going to run @ 720P as well. Christ people, the game could do 1080p /w 8x AA and still run solid on a PS3...but nah, they opt for the easy 720P.

Quote:Supported Resolutions 720p, 480p

Cmon Square, this is insulting. 40$ for that?!

And they claim they've been working for over a year on remastering the game...having watched the trailer, I can say "It must've been for over a year...one day a week, for about 2 hours, if that"

Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHZ, 8GB RAM 1866MHZ, 1080 GTX Strix, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD +  2 1TB HDDs.) Windows 7 64-bit Professional
Better investment to buy a good GDDR5 card and ramp up resolution x3.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Some comparisons (PCSX2 + widescreen patch on the left, Remaster on the right):

[attachment=43472]
[attachment=43473]

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/14641

* Yuna has this odd glow to her, as if the moonlight is way too strong, whereas it looks more realistic in the original.
* The lighting in certain scenes seem quite a bit different.
* The water ripples in the boat scene seem non-existent.
The differences aren't mind blowing... but then again they rarely are in remasters. I'll get it just because I don't have my original disc anymore (got too scratched)
Honestly, if you hate X-2(like me) and live in europe, your better off just sticking with your ps2 copy, as you have all of the international content from X.

If you live in the us as i do, then the reason to get it would be to get the added extras to the international version, that we never got.

If you like X-2 on the other hand, then as there was no english translation of the international+last mission version, there is your reason.
I'm getting it, though i'm not a massive fan of X either, but i am a completionist.
Intel i5 2500k @3.3 Stock(OC wasn't needed anymore)
Cooler master hyper 212 plus, push/pull configuration, MX4 thermal paste
Antec 750W HCP Platinum power supply
HIS IceQ Boost Clock AMD HD 7950
2x8GB DDR3 1600 G.skill Ripjaws RAM
2X 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS HDD
Corsair Carbide Series 400R Computer Case
Asrock Z75 Pro3 Motherboard
(03-30-2013, 08:01 PM)Tatsuya1221 Wrote: If you like X-2 on the other hand, then as there was no english translation of the international+last mission version, there is your reason.

An English translation is out, and is still being finalized.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-FFX-2...#pid289383
Yeah I hate ffx2 as well. The whole game is just side missions lol. Some like that but ehh... I'm also getting it for the international+ content that I never got to experience.
(03-30-2013, 08:12 PM)devina40 Wrote: An English translation is out, and is still being finalized.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-FFX-2...#pid289383

Yeah, but that requires you to buy an inport copy of X-2 international (well legally), i was referring to a legitimate S-E release.

It's more about ease of attainment.
Intel i5 2500k @3.3 Stock(OC wasn't needed anymore)
Cooler master hyper 212 plus, push/pull configuration, MX4 thermal paste
Antec 750W HCP Platinum power supply
HIS IceQ Boost Clock AMD HD 7950
2x8GB DDR3 1600 G.skill Ripjaws RAM
2X 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS HDD
Corsair Carbide Series 400R Computer Case
Asrock Z75 Pro3 Motherboard