Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Final Fantasy X / XII on my specs...?
#1
Okay, you guys are probably tired of these topics, but I didn't find any that awnsered all my questions, so I decided to register and just post them
=)

so here are my specs (I'm using a notebook):
Core2Duo P7450 @ 2.13 Ghz
4 GB DDR3 Ram
GeForce GTX 260M 1GB DX11 (Driver 186.81)
Windows 7 x64

Using pcsx r1888, with GSDX DX11

So far I'm playing FFX almost all the time at 100%, sometimes it dips to 90%, and when sumoning shiva it really goes down to 70% or so, but only there.
I want to know if there is any internal resolution that can get rid of those minimal black lines in the menu, and if I can get full 100%, playing with the settings, 'cause I already tried many things, but most of the hacks don't do much... Also frameskip flickers the game a lot, so I just gave up on it (wasn't worth it...)
There is also that tranparency efect on all the characters hair (like the back of Tidus hair) that i belive is a know issue with no current fix, right?

My setings are:
   

Any ideas if my specs are enough for FFXII, too?

Thanks

=)
Reply

Sponsored links

#2
try DX10 mode

other comments:

a cpu OCed at 7Ghz+!!!!Blink (shown in your screenshot)
and it's a laptop it will toast..or kinda miscaculated.
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
Reply
#3
(12-09-2009, 05:15 AM)ChocoboTamer Wrote: I want to know if there is any internal resolution that can get rid of those minimal black lines in the menu

Nope, only native gets rid of them AFAIK, it's not a big issue unless you plan on playing the game on the menu always anyway Tongue2

Quote:and if I can get full 100%, playing with the settings, 'cause I already tried many things, but most of the hacks don't do much...

Unfortunatelly not really since you tried speedhacks already, specially for the shiva summon it's just very heavy on the emu and only a stronger CPU/GPU might help you with that one.

Quote:There is also that tranparency efect on all the characters hair (like the back of Tidus hair) that i belive is a know issue with no current fix, right?

There is a fix, just turn off "VU1rec" (or was it VU0rec? >_>) in CPU settings but it will run very very slow.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Reply
#4
(12-09-2009, 06:11 AM)tallbender Wrote: try DX10 mode

other comments:

a cpu OCed at 7Ghz+!!!!Blink (shown in your screenshot)
and it's a laptop it will toast..or kinda miscaculated.

LOL, you're right!
I dunno... Miscalculated for sure, no way I'm overclocking a notebook!
xP
Is DX10 faster/looks nicer?

Oh, I forgot to post the speed hacks I'm using:
   

Quote:Nope, only native gets rid of them AFAIK, it's not a big issue unless you plan on playing the game on the menu always anyway
Yeah... good thing it's only the menus ^^

Quote:Unfortunatelly not really since you tried speedhacks already, specially for the shiva summon it's just very heavy on the emu and only a stronger CPU/GPU might help you with that one.
Hmm... And since I'm on a notebook, no chance of changing my CPU... *sigh*

Quote:There is a fix, just turn off "VU1rec" (or was it VU0rec? >_>) in CPU settings but it will run very very slow.
Ohh, okay, I will stick to speed instead of cool-looking-hair xP


Anyways, you guys think I can run FFXII on these specs? Or is it a no-go?

Thanks
Reply
#5
Run it? no problem at all, running it full speed all the time which seems what you want might not happen tho.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Reply
#6
(12-09-2009, 03:17 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Run it? no problem at all, running it full speed all the time which seems what you want might not happen tho.

*big sigh* Sad

Even if i try frameskip? I mean, it flickers in FFX (can i fix this flicker...?), does it flicker at FFXII too?
Reply
#7
Frameskip shouldn't be causing a flickering unless you're using VU cycle steal. VU cycle steal + frame skip = flickering.

Frameskip is only useful if your GPU is the cause of your slowdowns. In your case, it's very much not.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Reply
#8
Your PC should have no problem at all running FF X or FF XII lol.

VU Cycle stealing can cause flickering of the game in FF XII without frame skip I believe. You get very peculiar images flashing on the screen, usually what you've just seen a second or two ago. I think it's the only game I've experienced this.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
Reply
#9
Quote:Frameskip shouldn't be causing a flickering unless you're using VU cycle steal. VU cycle steal + frame skip = flickering.
Frameskip is only useful if your GPU is the cause of your slowdowns. In your case, it's very much not.

Okay, so I tried frameskip (set the "skip frames before" to 50) without the cycle stealing and it's the same, when it starts skipping, characters disappear (but not the world, I wonder why...?)

With, or without cycle stealing, the flicker is the same... Closedeyes

BUT, the speed gets all the way to 100%, so if I can fix that... It would be great
Biggrin
Maybe it's something I'm doing in the speed hacks?

Quote:Your PC should have no problem at all running FF X or FF XII lol.

VU Cycle stealing can cause flickering of the game in FF XII without frame skip I believe. You get very peculiar images flashing on the screen, usually what you've just seen a second or two ago. I think it's the only game I've experienced this.

Yeah, I think I'm messing something in the config, that's why I'm asking around... Happy

Also, anyone knows if DX10 is better than DX11? Some dude just said that, and I was wondering...

EDIT: Another thing, if I disable the fancy windows 7 theme, will I get better (significant) speeds?

Thanks again!
Reply
#10
DirectX11 doesn't work yet, it's just placeholder.

DirectX10 will suit your needs, it is much better than DirectX9 Smile

It won't make much of a difference, Aero is not impacting your computer performance very much with a Core 2 and GTX260 Smile
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)