Final Fantasy X / XII on my specs...?
It's not so much a place holder as it is a compiled DX11 binary... it just doesn't take advantage of any DX11 features. It doesn't use any features or shaders unique to DX11, and in fact was made months before there were even any DX11 video cards (hence why it works on DX10 cards). It's buggy, has no features, and is just not recommended over DX10 at this point.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Quote:DirectX11 doesn't work yet, it's just placeholder.

DirectX10 will suit your needs, it is much better than DirectX9

It won't make much of a difference, Aero is not impacting your computer performance very much with a Core 2 and GTX260

Got it! Happy

Quote:It's not so much a place holder as it is a compiled DX11 binary... it just doesn't take advantage of any DX11 features. It doesn't use any features or shaders unique to DX11, and in fact was made months before there were even any DX11 video cards (hence why it works on DX10 cards). It's buggy, has no features, and is just not recommended over DX10 at this point.

I see... Well, I've been playing FFX so far with DX11 and had no problem at all, but I guess it's better to just wait till it gets improved, right? Tongue

Still hoping for a fix to my frameskip issue... Any ideas?

Thanks folks!
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6600 @2.20 GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220M
I can't get FFX to run at more than 65% during the cutscenes. Is this because I have a slow processor or what?
Thanks in advance
(12-10-2009, 07:02 AM)aconner1991 Wrote: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6600 @2.20 GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220M
I can't get FFX to run at more than 65% during the cutscenes. Is this because I have a slow processor or what?
Thanks in advance

Try turning off "allow 8-bit texture" in the GSDX plugin, it worked great for me
Smile
yeah try dat...
my lappy much sucks than u but can run the game fluidly
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
I assume you're talking about the texture filter? I unchecked it, and I still can't get it past 60%. I have 64 bit windwos 7 and I wonder if the windows Aero thing is slowing it down. I even lowered the internal graphics to 512. In some parts of the game I run at 99% but most are around 60%.
well i dunno coz im running xp..
im using internal res of 800x512 and texture filtering checked..
did u happen to turn on VSync??
anyway tell what setting u used..
that will be usefull
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
Yeah, post a screen so we can see your config
Happy

Also, don't forget 'bout my frameskip issue guys... or should I just make another topic...?
Unsure
The best video plugin I have used is ZeroGS 0.97.1

This is a screen of my setting for GSDx 883 MSVC 15.00 SSE2 0.1.13

Attached Files
.7z   FFX.7z (Size: 642,86 KB / Downloads: 123)
Use pcsx r1888, download it here:
http://pcsx2.net/files/21377

Then disable the 8-bit stuff in GSDX
Happy