Final Fantasy X and X-2
I recently downloaded the emulator, and so far the only game that works for me is Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix.

However, when I try to play the following games, this is what happens:

Final Fantasy X - Game freezes, sound still plays when Sin attacks for the first time, and Auron says "Look"

Final Fantasy X-2 - When the 1st video begins, the screen has black lines in a grid pattern going across the entire screen. Messed with some settings, those went away, and then the FPS died. Basically unplayable without proper FPS.

PC Specs are as follows:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
RAM: 3.5g
Video Card: nVdia Geforce GTS 250

My emulation setting are all at default, and I have looked up multiple threads about this but have yet to find a concrete answer.

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored links

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Fi...on_Look.21

Make sure you're using the latest version. Also, I hope you didn't pirate the .iso anywhere, and that you made it yourself using ImgBurn.
If you download .isos online, you risk them being more unstable.

FFX-2's FMV issue is a well-known glitch.
The only thing you can do is press F9 to enter Software mode during FMVs.
I playing on r5593 and all working correctly in x and x-2 configure also this:
[Image: c11a716929ca.jpg]
[Image: 943ae9c93e15.jpg]
try what mcoyote suggested.

if your games are crashing after that, ask her why Laugh
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for the advice!

Yes they are my own games, I bought each game I mentioned the day they came out, kind of a FF nerd. But my PS2's disk drive has been broken for ages, so this emulator let's me play them again Laugh

Edit: Yknow, I got another question. I do have the disks as well as the image files. When I put the disk into my computer and try to emulate directly from that, it never works. I have 2 disk drives for my PC. Is it possible the emulator inst recognizing the drive I'm putting the disk into? Is there a way to control which drive the emulator looks for when running a game from a disk instead of from an image file?

Edit 2: I tried what Mc said, same problem for the most part.

WHen I press F9 for Software mode, my FPS drops from 20 to 10. O_O

To be clear, FFX doesn't close during the FMV, it closes when Auron says "Look", from reading online I saw that that specific moment on the disk is when SE or SOny switched to a different kind of laser reading technology (Which makes Auron's quote seem pretty funny when you think about it, they were showing off thier new graphic abilities, not JUST being attacked by Sin) but, this guy says he has FFx and X-2 working. Blink So what's the dealio?
With reference to what you said about FFX:

Final Fantasy X - Game freezes, sound still plays when Sin attacks for the first time, and Auron says "Look"

I had the exact same thing playing on the PS2. It was a scratch pure and simple. Another copy and it worked fine. Smile
(03-17-2013, 05:54 PM)foxgamer Wrote: With reference to what you said about FFX:

I had the exact same thing playing on the PS2. It was a scratch pure and simple. Another copy and it worked fine. Smile
Well from what I've read that moment itself is actually a change in how the rest of the game is processed. Maybe Ill swing to target and grab a copy of it Blink Cant be more than 10 bucks. Im using my orgininal copy, none greatest hit Tongue Perhaps the disk itself is just...old?
tried setting both clamping modes to extra ? (and disabling all speedhacks, of course ...)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Where do I find that option? O_O Tongue

Also...new problem...for some reason now when I go to play KH2 the entire game is sped up...I dont have the turbohacks on or anything like that....O_O
Lucro Wrote:Final Fantasy X - Game freezes, sound still plays when Sin attacks for the first time, and Auron says "Look"
maybe that the glitch image of the game?

I playing correctly in booth!