Final Fantasy X bypasses FMVs?
I'm not sure if it will help but if it worth noting that having a 1920x1080 is a 16:9 aspect ratio or leave native checked until we figure out the problem.

Also, have you tried it without "Wait VSync" and "Enable output merger blur effect" because I run FFX perfectly fine without ever using them (I would check if it is the problem but I repartitioned my second hard drive with all my isos so I need to dig through my PS2 games until I find it).

I can't think of anything else other than using the fresh 0.9.6 and the included plug-ins. The only other reason I could think of is that your drive is having problems reading the disc which would explain why both physical and iso won't work.

Sponsored links

Fair enough -- I've tried native mode, 16:9/4:3 doesn't have any effect to the PS2 itself, just on the output -- but I've absolutely tried them. I'll turn off vsync and the blur effect and give it a shot.

Also, have tried with 0.9.6 and the included plugins, no go. Got my hands on a copy of the PAL version that was not personally ripped, exhibited the same results, so I don't think it could be a problem with my poor LG blu-ray drive not pulling an image proper-like -- I'm hoping for vsync or the output merger items fixing it. Will let you know!
It's official. I am retarded and I have wasted all of your time.

*sigh* I forgot that after you sign the blitz balls and such, you have to run along the highway to get to the blitz arena.

Wouldn't you know it, when I walked _into_ the blitz arena, the FMV played like it should...

*shakes head*

Thanks everyone for your help -- sorry I'm a rampant idiot!