Final Fantasy X bypasses FMVs?
Question 
I apologize up-front -- I know this question _has_ to have been answered here before, but I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find it. With that gotten out of the way:

I have a .ISO of Final Fantasy X which I ripped myself from my very own PS2 original using ImgBurn (a method which worked successfully for ripping Xenosaga for the same purpose), and while the game loads and plays in PCSX2 perfectly, FMV sequences do not show up.

Instead of an FMV playing, the game immediately continues on as though the FMV had played. For example, at the beginning of the game, after signing the autograph and telling the gathered children that he would teach them how to blitz tomorrow, Tidus walks back towards the blitz arena. The screen immediately changes to the highway scene and Tidus running, skipping the FMV sequence entirely.

The PCSX2 output window doesn't show any text at this point to illustrate why this is happening.

Here are the requisite specs:
PCSX2 beta 1479 (July 8 build date)
I've tried all of the GPU plugins, from ZeroGS to gsDX 890 and 1479
PEOPS 1.9.0 sound
Lilypad 0.10.10
both Linuz Iso CDVD and Gigahertz actual CDVD plugin

CPU:
EEREC enabled
VU0rec and VU1rec enabled
microVU0 and microVU1 disabled
MTGS mode enabled
Frame limit mode set with a custom of 60 set
All speedhacks off (default cycle rate, no VU cycle stealing)

PC specs:
Windows 7 RC1 - 64-bit
Core i7 920 clocked to 3.33ghz
6gb ram
nvidia GTX 285

I know that it should not be difficult to make this work, I've played and beaten several of my favorite PS2 games on PCSX2 this way already (FFXII looks SO MUCH BETTER IN PCSX2 than it did on the PS2, heh, same with Xenosaga Episode 1) so I don't think it has anything to do with my system specs...

I feel like i'm overlooking something stupid here... Can anyone help me out?

Sponsored links

patches are disabled (misc->enable patches)?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(08-26-2009, 01:13 AM)zero29 Wrote: patches are disabled (misc->enable patches)?

Should have mentioned that Smile, patches are enabled. Tried with patches both enabled or disabled, same story either time. I've checked to ensure that the CRC in the patch for FFX matches the CRC of my rip (and it does) so the patch should function, but looking at the patch itself, it seems to only pertain to the ZeroGS plugin, anyways...

Thank you very much though for the quick reply though! Smile
Does the same happen running the game from your disc? changing sound/graphic plugins maybe? Disabling speedhacks and making sure the "config > advanced" options are set to default might help (just press the default button there).

If you're trying to check difference with a save state is better if you dont (just in case).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Just checked and yep, same thing happens when trying from the disc. Switching to SPU-X from PEOPS didn't make any difference either, unfortunately. All speedhacks are off, and I reset to default on the advanced options page to make sure (nothing changed when I hit it, but I hit OK anyways). I've tried all of the GPU plugins that I have available in all DirectX modes I can find, also tried at native and non-native resolution in the plugins...

I was hoping this was a simple something I was overlooking but it doesn't seem to be turning out that way.... Thanks very much for all of the suggestions so far though!
are there any warnings or errors visible in your console window/emulog.txt?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Nothing that I saw, but here's the log from my most recent attempt:

Code:
PCSX2 (beta) - compiled on Jul  8 2009
Savestate version: 8b410001
x86Init:
        CPU vendor name =  GenuineIntel
        FamilyID  =  4
        x86Family =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz
        CPU speed =  3.316 Ghz
        Cores     =  8 physical [8 logical]
        x86PType  =  Standard OEM
        x86Flags  =  bfebfbff 0098e3bd
        x86EFlags =  28100000

Features:
        Detected MMX
        Detected SSE
        Detected SSE2
        Detected SSE3
        Detected SSSE3
        Detected SSE4.1
        Detected SSE4.2

Hotkeys:
        F1  - save state
        (Shift +) F2 - cycle states
        F3  - load state
Resetting...
Ready
Bios Version 1.60
Bios Warning > rom2 not found.
Bios Warning > erom not found.
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 60.0 fps
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: D:\ffx.iso ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 2201280
type = 2
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0x0
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_203.12;1; CRC = BB3D833A
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios
# Initialize memory (rev:3.63, ctm:393Mhz, cpuclk:295Mhz detected)
# Total accessable memory size: 32 MB (B:2:8:0) (363:2:7c30)
# TLB spad=0 kernel=1:12 default=13:30 extended=31:38
# Initialize Start.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize User Memory ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Initialize Done.

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Feb  7 2002 16:41:20
  CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2002-0207, 32M

# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios Complete
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_203.12;1
loadElfFile: 4615960
ElfProgram different load addrs: paddr=0x02000000, vaddr=0x00000000
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_203.12;1; CRC = BB3D833A
HDD Enable:0

All of that shows up immediately upon game boot -- nothing new is added to the log when the FMV is skipped... All of the logs in the .\logs directory are 0 bytes, so no luck there...
Far fetched but have you tried running the game with both "file > run cd/dvd" and "run > execute"?

and did you try with the pcsx2 0.9.6 stable?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hadn't tried with pcsx2 stable that I know of, but I just did -- to the same end. I usually do File -> Run CD/DVD, but tried Run -> Execute to make sure -- same problem...

Sad

On an unrelated note, one of the earlier suggestions fixed a problem I was having with Xenosaga - Episode 2. Apparently PEOPS and SPU-X both struggle during FMVs on my PC with that game, making them skippy and very slow. ZeroSPU, on the other hand, doesn't exhibit that behavior at all! So, at least I've got that to start now Smile
That's pretty weird...as long as you have patches disabled and you are not loading a state (that could have saved the patch changes even if you disabled it afterwards) videos should play normally. Try running the game from the beginning (new game and everything), patches disabled and see if videos still skip
[Image: newsig.jpg]