Final Fantasy X crash
Thanks heinzjal for the help

but unforturnately those settings created all kinds of graphical problems...

It so funny that the game runs smoothly until that point.

Auron: Look.
Tidus: (Surprise Face)
Glitch Eats Them

Sponsored links

(06-24-2009, 06:38 AM)samuisamu Wrote: I am also having the look-bug. Auron says "look." Tidus looks, is surprised and then he's frozen with a dumba** face. The game runs great up to that point. This occurs about 5 minutes into the game. I am using the latest beta 1329 with the plugin pack. I am running an iso from my own dvd. Using Linuz Iso cdvd 0.9.0. I didn't see a solution yet other then use the latest beta, which I am. Apparently not everyone is having this problem as I would think more people would be posting. I can't remember what is supposed to happen after they "look" but whatever it is that has to be rendered or loaded next freezes the game.

Vista 64
Core 2 Duo @ 2.13 GHz
GeForce 9800m GT 512MB
4Gb RAM
Unmount the iso and run it directly with Linuz ISO
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I've just spent a couple of hours struggling with this bug. The solution (for me, at least) turned out to be pretty embarrassing; I'd copied the ISO image of my DVD to a FAT32 partition. The maximum size of a single file in FAT32 is apparently 4GB, so my image was truncated to that (which the stupid ISO ripping software didn't even warn me about!).
The FFX image should be about 4.3GB or so; if it's exactly 4GB (or 4,294,967,295 bytes) then you've fallen afoul of the same thing. Immediately after Auron says his infamous "Look", the game cuts to a brief movie of that big sphere of water - presumably that movie must be the first thing in the game which is stored somewhere in that top 300MB, and PCSX2 crashes when it doesn't exist.
The obvious solution is to rip the image to a better filesystem - ie. pretty much anything else Smile

Sorry if I'm teaching everyone to suck eggs here, but I didn't spot anything specifically about this while I was trying to solve it. Obviously all the advice about using a direct CD plugin would solve it, although when I tried one it didn't want to load at all for some reason.

Anyway, hope this is useful to someone Smile
i have the exact same problem as this guy..except im in windows 7,but i thought it was cuz the OS...but im wrong i guess...idk how my dads computer worked,but on gaming rig it freezes(keep in mind my dads computer had windows xp to use pcsx2,win 7 wasnt supported then...)

could anyone also help? i really want to plat FFx
what are the specs of that gaming rig?
Specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
1000Mhz RAM
GTX 275

and those are the important ones,oh and windows 7 64bit RC
ok, 2 things:

1: can you post your memory card so I can see if I pull the same problem? (pal-e or ntcs u/c only please, not international (if it is, just say so) )
2: what speedhacks are you using, if any?
1.what do you mean? like upload it?

2.Nope dont need any Tongue2
1:yes, uplad it to the forum (zip it)
2: you might, I'll investigate
ok here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5S7KFAGB

what do you mean i might?