Final Fantasy X crashing during a certain scene
First of all, you guy helped me out a lot about a week ago with getting my emulator working, so thanks again for that.

My question is, for those of you who know, during the destruction of Home in FFX, just after you enter the summoners sanctum, the game has a mental breakdown, and always crashes. I'm using PCSX 0.9.6

now ive searched around, and people say that the new beta will fix this, and i can get that working, but i can't transfer my savestates, and I can't get to a savespot to save to a memory card.

Are there any patches i can get that will fix this, and if so, how do I put the patches in the emulator?

Sponsored links

Just try going from the closest memcard save you can. There should be a memcard save point just outside the sanctum.

You could try this save editor to pass that point I guess:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Fin...ave-Editor
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-31-2010, 05:25 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Just try going from the closest memcard save you can. There should be a memcard save point just outside the sanctum.

You could try this save editor to pass that point I guess:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Fin...ave-Editor

naw, i got passed the scene by screwing around with the speedhacks, apparently, putting on the x3 speedhack, you get disgusting lag, but the scene doesn't glitch once. Thanks for your help though
Ah yes speedhacks do actually help for compatibility sometimes funnily enough Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Wow, Thank You!

i was about to give up trying to get past this scene...

My gf was playing during this scene and when she ran into this crash i told her to switch to 0.9.7... but she got the memcard folders mixed up and overwrote the one with the save with the unformatted blank memcard file.. so i was only left with the sstate just before entering the sanctum... tried all possible GS plugin settings trying to get past this... but that speedhack worked, thank god, dont think i'd have the energy to start all over again.

Women, eh!? (just kidding)
I found that setting the clamping modes on EE/IOP and VUs to "extra and preserve sign" fixes the crashes that you experience in FFX. I have some speed hacks on but they don't fix the problem.
I have the latest PCSX2 version with the plugins.

Good Luck!