Final Fantasy X - fps/spikes issues.
Greetings, yesterday i've downloaded PCSX2 0.9.8 and decided to DL one of my classic favorite games, FFX. I searched for miniguides on how this whole thing works (being a newbie on emulators etc) somehow i got everything to work, but, beside the slow-down/speed-up issue which i figured is to stabilize the sync i've got this really annoying crackling sound effect along with major fps drop whenever something intense happens. eg: explosions of any short like the Demi and Grenade abilities and also whenever "effects" take place, such as whirlpools or rumble breaking apart. My usual fps are 60 give or take, and during a whirlpool which sucked my character in they even dropped to slightly above 10.

I didn't mess with anything on the emulator(the reason lies above) beside configuring keys and enabling the speedhack with the default settings which i thought would help. I downloaded a BIOS pack with about 8 inside and i applied the "Europe v2.00(14/06/2004) Console" one, also i have no idea what the plugins are since i didn't touch them.

My specs are: Windows XP pro,Pentium® DC E500 @ 2.50ghz, 2GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphic card.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks in advance.

Regards.

Sponsored links

You will get this thread closed if you are going do DOWNLOAD FFX. Also get a new version of the emulator. 9.8 is way slower then 1.0
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Oh for crying out loud, i'm asking in a civilized manner about an issue and the first thing you've gotta say is an absurd technicality.
And I answer in a civilized manner that I shall close your thread.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go