Final Fantasy X freeze
Hello, everyone!

I have a little problem with the emulation. The game worked fine untill the moment, where Yuna is kidnapped and the team goes to the Al Bhed ship to fight a machina boss (Oblitzerator). There, when the screen should be shifting into a battle, the game freezes. Battle music plays, but nothing moves. What should I do?

The settings are exactly as shown on this site:
http://emuplace.com/board/pcsx2/final_fa...x/4-1-0-10
(Sorry, in Russian. Just click on the pictures to enlarge, they're English.)

I tried setting clamps to maximum, using Skip MPEG hack and disabling speed hacks, but nothing worked. Even shuffled through all of my plugins, still nothing. Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored links

First disable the EE timing hack, no idea why anyone would have it on for FFX.
Second, try first loading from a memory card save if you are not already.
Finally, try setting EE and VU clamping to Full and Extra+Preserve sign and try again
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I tried it, but it doesn't work. Is there anything else I can try?
(03-01-2014, 12:38 PM)Al-Qadahr Wrote: I tried it, but it doesn't work. Is there anything else I can try?

please post the emulog.txt AFTER it freezes(you'll find it in mydocsx\pcsx2\logs or in pcsx2 root folder\logs
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
I ca't post it fully as it's too big, but it mostly consists of these two lines:

(EE pc:0011BF88) TLB Miss, addr=0x0 [load]
(EE pc:0011BF94) TLB Miss, addr=0xc [load]

I believe they appeared after the error and are repeated untill the end of the log.
Remake your iso using imgburn. And avoid pnach cheats. This really messes up the game. I learned that the hard way years ago.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(03-01-2014, 01:49 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Remake your iso using imgburn. And avoid pnach cheats. This really messes up the game. I learned that the hard way years ago.

Further to this, when you turn cheats off (if you're using some) don't use a savestate to load the game, you will just reload the cheats again.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]