Final Fantasy X freezing problem...
(07-14-2011, 10:22 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Okay, try turning off all speedhacks (if any)

And set your EE/IOP Clamping mode settings to either extra +preserve sign, or full

and clamping mode under VU's to the same. I know that those fix the backwards battle issues. (at the cost of performance) maybe it will help.

I never had any speedhacks on to begin with.
I tried setting the Clamping modes to the settings you mentioned, but I still had no luck. (I think I've tried those before anyways).

I've tried all possible settings I can see and nothing is working for me.

I also tried to use the patch Nachbrennar created in order to skip cutscenes for Final Fantasy X.

gametitle=Final Fantasy X International [SLPS 25088] (J)
comment=patches by Nachbrenner
//Skip Videos
patch=0,EE,0015d1a0,word,100000b2

However when I save this as a .pnach file and place it in my Cheats folder, it does not work. I am positive that the version is correct, it shows the exact same name on my gamewindow. (Final Fantasy X International [SLPS 25088]) and also named it correctly (I think). I named it as the CRC Code that is displayed in the console log when I boot the game. (0x658597E2)
-------------------
To put it simply:

I opened notepad and pasted the following contents:

gametitle=Final Fantasy X International [SLPS 25088] (J)
comment=patches by Nachbrenner
//Skip Videos
patch=0,EE,0015d1a0,word,100000b2

I then saved it under C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Cheats

... and named it 0x658597E2.pnach
-------------------
When I start my game, the console log says:

[wx] can't open file 'cheats\658597e2.pnach' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

And I do have Cheats enabled.

Could anyone help me with this or tell me if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

Sponsored links

Code:
and named it 0x658597E2.pnach
it should be:
Code:
658597e2.pnach
(07-15-2011, 12:01 AM)miseru99 Wrote:
Code:
it should be:
Code:
658597e2.pnach

It worked...

DUDE I FREAKING LOVE YOU. NO HOMO.
Problem finally solved after 4 days!
If I could rep you +1k I would.

And wow such a dumb mistake on my part.
Also thank you all for taking the time to help me out.
*Hides in the corner* not like I helped much;P.
Why you had that problem in the first place is an unknown, probably well over 50% of this forum passed FFX without any problems, including me, althrough it was still pre-0.9.8.
(07-15-2011, 01:11 AM)miseru99 Wrote: *Hides in the corner* not like I helped much;P.
Why you had that problem in the first place is an unknown, probably well over 50% of this forum passed FFX without any problems, including me, althrough it was still pre-0.9.8.

Yeah. I was just one of the unlucky ones. Oh well I'm glad it's fixed.
I played this game when it first came out in 2002 I think, I was like 8 and I didn't really understand it, I just new it was fun. I've been wanting to replay it for a long time.

Again, THANK YOU!
Thumbs Up 
(07-14-2011, 10:22 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Okay, try turning off all speedhacks (if any)

And set your EE/IOP Clamping mode settings to either extra +preserve sign, or full

and clamping mode under VU's to the same. I know that those fix the backwards battle issues. (at the cost of performance) maybe it will help.

YASSS!! THANKYOU!! I thought I wouldve had to get another game, I got to the bit at Kilika Islands where Yuna has just performed her first sending, Lulu explains to Tidus about the burden and Tidus says that he doesnt want to see that again.. -->> Black screen.. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" because the game works perfectly and its my all time favourite, thanks to you Ive fixed the endless blackness and have awokened in the Kilika Inn Laugh

(07-20-2011, 09:49 PM)smarglefwargle Wrote: YASSS!! THANKYOU!! I thought I wouldve had to get another game, I got to the bit at Kilika Islands where Yuna has just performed her first sending, Lulu explains to Tidus about the burden and Tidus says that he doesnt want to see that again.. -->> Black screen.. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" because the game works perfectly and its my all time favourite, thanks to you Ive fixed the endless blackness and have awokened in the Kilika Inn Laugh

Glad to be of assistance.

I wonder if someone could build a loader of some sort that would change settings automatically to fix these game stopping bugs.

I would, But i've no idea how to code Tongue
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(07-15-2011, 12:01 AM)miseru99 Wrote:
Code:
it should be:
Code:
658597e2.pnach

Sorry, i can't understand that
Can you show me how to do that

Sorry, my bad english :">
PCSX2 tells you the CRC in this Format : 0xXXXXXXXX

while "XXXXXXXX" are the actual CRC

and congrats you revived an year old thread ...