Final Fantasy X graphics help
Hey guys,

I just started trying out my copy of FFX and found that I am having trouble getting it to run smoothly. Some speed hacks helped, but the games runs super slow especially during fight scenes. It's playable and I made it to the first save point, I'm just hoping to get a more consistent framerate out of it.

I am running a macbook pro, early 2011 on OSX 10.9.4 with a 8gb ram upgrade. I have the PCSX2-ce-mac-1.0 with Wineskin download and whatever came with that. I also downloaded the windows plugins listed on this guide: http://consoleemu.com/tutorials/install-pcsx2-mac

I have also been trying to get the ZZ Ogl graphics plugin, but can currently only use ZeroGS.

I can provide any other information you all might need to help me out. Screenshots, whatever. Just let me know!

Thanks,

Rodhlann

Sponsored links

(07-17-2014, 07:32 AM)Rodhlann Wrote: Hey guys,

I just started trying out my copy of FFX and found that I am having trouble getting it to run smoothly. Some speed hacks helped, but the games runs super slow especially during fight scenes. It's playable and I made it to the first save point, I'm just hoping to get a more consistent framerate out of it.

I am running a macbook pro, early 2011 on OSX 10.9.4 with a 8gb ram upgrade. I have the PCSX2-ce-mac-1.0 with Wineskin download and whatever came with that. I also downloaded the windows plugins listed on this guide: http://consoleemu.com/tutorials/install-pcsx2-mac

I have also been trying to get the ZZ Ogl graphics plugin, but can currently only use ZeroGS.

I can provide any other information you all might need to help me out. Screenshots, whatever. Just let me know!

Thanks,

Rodhlann

do you have crappy frame rates all around? what about other copies of games?

-Sin
ZZogl is used for the native port of pcsx2 not for the wineskin port, or?

It is hard for me to find the exact model you have but probably it is some notebook version of i7-2xxx runnning at 2-2.5GHz. And that is probably your problem. The raw cpu power per core might be too low.

What are your EE% and GS% readings during slowdowns?
Here's the info the emulator gives me:

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM = 2048 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-2415M CPU @ 2.30GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.293 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000

I have tried running FFX and Kingdom Hearts. KH works great during gameplay, but lags with cutscenes and before I changed my settings, FFX got great framerate during cutscenes and not as great framerate during gameplay with severe drop during fight scenes. A lot of what's happening with FFX is text corruption where it will just throw up random letters instead of actual words when dialog comes up on screen. Drops down to 37fps during fights. Not sure how to view the EE% and GS% on mac. On my pc it just shows up up top.

If my cpu and integrated graphics aren't enough for this emulator I would definitely be willing to do some testing/messing around to see what I can do to make it run as smoothly as possible for people with older macs. This emulator is a great resource and I would love to see it up and running on my mac.
it runs find on my Mac Mini. i have a few framerate issues on Final Fantasy 12, but for the most part its fine. i can deal with a slight "hiccups".

i want to upgrade the RAM in my mini and see if that helps at all. 4Gb is lame!! hehe

-Sin
(07-18-2014, 06:21 PM)HwoarangRules Wrote: it runs find on my Mac Mini. i have a few framerate issues on Final Fantasy 12, but for the most part its fine. i can deal with a slight "hiccups".

i want to upgrade the RAM in my mini and see if that helps at all. 4Gb is lame!! hehe

-Sin

Can you post your settings?? I would be interested in seeing if mine ran with your set up as minis are definitely not made for that
Ehm... in the beginning of ffx the guys are speaking a language that you can not understand. Actually it is only a cipher and you can convert letters using the correct table to understand them.

Could it be that these stupid letters are actually that language?

Edit: Actually that cpu isn't that bad. I think it should run FFX without slowdowns. But I don't know what wineskin is doing.
Can you maybe screenshot all settings that you have? Just that I can see which functions are ported.
(07-18-2014, 09:12 PM)Rodhlann Wrote: Can you post your settings?? I would be interested in seeing if mine ran with your set up as minis are definitely not made for that

go to this post: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-CE-...mory-Error

i have a lot of screen shots from my issues with the X-Men Legends copies i have.

-Sin