Final Fantasy X memory card issue
In advance I'm sorry if this is not a new issue.

I've got a Final Fantasy X ISO, yes I own the game, but my disk is so badly damaged, and is unreadable. At any rate, my issue is this, Final Fantasy X will not detect my virtual memory card even though there are 2 loaded, I created another, and tried to load that, but still no joy. I've Google'd and found people talking about editors and other such stuff, all I want to do is have my game run and read the memory cards, any advice, even a redirect to an already started thread, would be much appreciated.

Sponsored links

I am a little confused. Is PCSX2 just telling you there is no mem card or giving you an error?

Also take a screenshot of Config > Memory Cards and post it here please. Smile
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(01-13-2015, 04:15 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: I am a little confused. Is PCSX2 just telling you there is no mem card or giving you an error?

Also take a screenshot of Config > Memory Cards and post it here please. Smile

It says there is no memory card, the memory card does work with AVP, but not this one, I'll have to ss later I'm away atm. Sad
Looking forward to the screencap. So your memcard works properly for avp but not ffx? Wierd. Are you using savestates? Cheats?

You may also want to post your emulog
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
No, no save states or cheats, nothing as fancy as I don't believe in using them, I'm just to lazy to look them up, and save states, I haven't even really gotten into the game, I went to use the language translator (for the fictitious in game language) it's the first one you find after you land in the water where Tidus is swimming at the beginning, trying to collect said translator prompts the memory card check. I'll try to get a SS in this afternoon. Or at the very least a copy and paste of the info.
Would be nice to post the emulog.txt too...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So I'm still confused as to what the actual issue is.

Does it not see ANY memory card? Aka it tells you it can't Save at all. Or can you not find your original FFX Save File on the Memory Card inside the game?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Maybe there is some read-only flag on he folder containing the memcards or on the memcards. As suggested the emulog might help.

Also how have you created your memcards? In PCSX2 - memcard settings? What happens if you want to read the memcards using the ps2 bios? (Full boot without any disk or iso)
mem card ss top one is the one that was created by default with AVP that worked with AVP second one was the one I created when FFX failed to see either. 3rd greyed out one is mem card from slot 2, don't know if it worked I haven't had need of it yet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Memcard 2 needs a format. Boot PCSX2 with the ISO setting as No Disc and go in the BIOS and format it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD