Final Fantasy X missing text [Ubuntu 15.04]
Not sure if this is a Linux-specific issue or not, but I've been playing Final Fantasy X (which otherwise works perfectly, by the way) and I've noticed that highlighted text, which I believe is usually in red, is not visible on my screen.  This is a bit of an issue, since I miss bits of dialogue that way, and translated letters of Al Bhed dialogue vanish as well.  Plus, things like HP and MP numbers on the stats menu show up in a faded gray, which are almost illegible due to being so faint. 

I suspect that this has something to do with OpenGL, since a Google search reveals nobody else with this problem.  Perhaps there's a setting that gets around it?  I'd appreciate any insight.

Sponsored links

Which version do you use?
Please screenshot gsdx plugin settings and emulation settings.
I'm using 1.3.1-0(git)

[Image: yWAeQtb.png]

Which emulation settings window did you want? They're all set to default, I made no changes there.
What are your system specs?

Try enabling 8-bit textures and accurate date
put crc level to partial
(08-18-2015, 07:00 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: What are your system specs?

Try enabling 8-bit textures and accurate date
put crc level to partial

I'll give that a shot.

System info:

Physical RAM     =  12014 MB
    CPU name         =  AMD Athlon™ II X2 250 Processor
    Vendor/Model     =  AuthenticAMD (stepping 02)
    CPU speed        =  3.010 ghz (2 logical threads)

Running an nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti for GPU.

Here's a screenshot to give you an idea what I'm dealing with.

[Image: oZ9oGfh.png]

Edit: Nope, doesn't seem to be any change, even after restarting the program.
raise blending unit accuracy to medium 

this may not matter but put texture filtering to bilinear PS2
(08-18-2015, 07:57 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: raise blending unit accuracy to medium 

this may not matter but put texture filtering to bilinear PS2

No joy, I'm afraid.  Still getting missing letters on Al Bhed text and missing words elsewhere, and gray/faint numbers in the menus. Here are a couple of screenshots to illustrate that aspect:

[Image: 8JdIgBC.png]

[Image: h5X7v0e.png]
What driver do You have instaled? Proprietary or open source?
(08-18-2015, 09:36 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: What driver do You have instaled? Proprietary or open source?

I'm running the proprietary nVidia 355.06 driver.
Choose a higher level of the blending unit Your cpu is weak but try it anyway, if that doesn't work put 2-3 extra rendering threads and press f9 in game it will problably solve it but will be very slow