Final Fantasy X2
yes, it's exactly what I mean. The motion perception is not based only on the number of frames being showed but in the number of things actually happening and changing between the frames (in each frame). And that is one the things VU cycle stealing does... it reduces the number of things happening and so the raw output is smaller despite the number of frames per second increase. Using it is a balance and depends on the games too, some games are less sensitive to that while others can be too much sensitive.

PS: VU cycle stealing is not the only that does that, in the end it's the hacks combination, still it's the main 'culprit' for the laggy experience when FPS seems good.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Hey guys, I am new to this whole forum thing so I'm still working my way around it. I have a problem my ntsc english version FFX2, after the very first mission, when yuna is on the flying al bed ship, every time I try to explore the cabin & engine room my pcsx2 v1 freezes, the screen goes black & I can only hear the audio.