Final Fantasy X2
Hello

Im having a lot of trouble running ffx2, my fps ingame (battles and stuff) is 60 fps with VUSkip and 5 fps with all the other frame limit choices.

thing is with VU Skip on the game is unplayable cause i cant see anything really, just a lot of flashy white lines.
Iv tried all the other settings in cpu/advanced/graphics and everything for hours and i have the latest gsdx

my PC specs are
AMD Phenom 9850 quad core @ 3.3ghz (water cooled)
4gb DDR2 6400
ATI Radeon HD 4870 1gbVram
WinXP Professional SP3 32bit

The game looks just like it should with the "normal" and "limit" frame limiting choices but its only gitting 5-15 fps and running at 1.5 and 2x cycle rate does nothing for the better

Is there anything i can do to make it playable or are mai PC specs not up to it?

Sponsored links

Try getting the latest PCSX2 public beta and use the speedhack "VU Cycle Stealing" set to slight or moderate, should have the same result as VU Skip without the glitches. Your computer should be good enough to play this game at full speed however can you tell us your PCSX2 and plugin settings?

Does this happen with the GSdx 0.1.14 plugin also? are you sure you're using the latest GSdx?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i just upgraded to the latest public beta and yes im sure im using the latest gsdx. i tried using the vu cycle strealing and it made it a bit better, i git about 45 fps which is still unplayable to me.

i guess if theres no way to get it to work ill have to buy a used ps2 or sumthing

thanks for the halp
(06-24-2009, 09:21 PM)Mii7 Wrote: i just upgraded to the latest public beta and yes im sure im using the latest gsdx. i tried using the vu cycle strealing and it made it a bit better, i git about 45 fps which is still unplayable to me.

i guess if theres no way to get it to work ill have to buy a used ps2 or sumthing

thanks for the halp

Install Win Vista or get a free beta of Windows 7, install on separate partition.

This way youll be able to use Directx 10, its faster in emu and less buggy.

Another thing you can do is upgrade to Phenom II 920 or 940, in some benchmarks (PC games) its faster then Intel I7 920
99000K | Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | 64GB DDR4 | GTX 2080Ti | Sound Blaster X3
I have to agree with Karas here. Do you understand that you have 4 GB system RAM but XP doesn't use any more than 3 GB in your case? This is because you have 1 GB VRAM and seeing as x32 OS only support up to 4 GB RAM (you have 1 GB VRAM + 4 GB system RAM = 5 GB RAM) it just doesn't use more than 3 GB of your system RAM.

Upgrade your PC to a x64 to utilize your own parts better. I recommend Windows 7 x64 as this has proven to be even faster than XP in some benchmark tests.

Talk about not utilizing your own PC to its full potential.
(06-25-2009, 10:59 PM)Aemony Wrote: Talk about not utilizing your own PC to its full potential.

Uhm, FFX and FFX-2 shouldnt make that big of a difference with DX10, and have you even wondered if he needs more than 3GB?

@Mii7: have you tried reducing the overclock on your cpu? might not make a difference but can never be sure.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-25-2009, 11:42 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(06-25-2009, 10:59 PM)Aemony Wrote: Talk about not utilizing your own PC to its full potential.

Uhm, FFX and FFX-2 shouldnt make that big of a difference with DX10, and have you even wondered if he needs more than 3GB?
I didn't talk from PCSX2's perspective and more of an overall usage perspective, so no, I haven't wondered if he needs more than 3 GB. Also, why pay for something if you can't/don't use it?
I'm using the beta pcsx2 and the cinemas are just plain awful. The game itself runs pretty well except that all the characters have ghosts in combat:
[Image: ffx2ghosts.th.jpg]

That, and the framerate stays at 60, but they move in slow motion in combat.
The cutscenes are still bugged indeed in FFX-2 emulation, it's not a fault in your machine. For Now F9 is the workaround and a poor workaround if the machine is already struggling, but it's so until the issue can be corrected without worsening everything else.

The lag, slowmotion, almost certainly is because too much VU cycle stealing.

PS: looking at your specs I see the excellent ATI 4870 ... what can fool you into believe emulation is the same as running native and so the video card should munch everything trowed at it in the lunchtime (which is true in PC games)... If you are using too high internal resolution, the experimental AA and the likes, it reflects in your CPU too, killing the performance.
Imagination is where we are truly real
It's not even lag, really. The battle moves at full speed, but the character animation is slow.

Also, sometimes when out of combat Yuna will be running at full tilt, but moving through the game world like she's walking in molasses.

What I don't get is that I can run FF12 with virtually no problems.

This emulation thing is hard to wrap your head around, it seems.