Final Fantasy XII
Question 
This isn't to beat a dead horse... I have been following forums about FFX 2 (**edit FFXII) for a while now because I finished playing Star Ocean 3 (gotta love save state!!!!) Anyway, I just cannot get it to go faster than 20-30 fps. I have read that Dize1990 had the same problem... but my specs are a little better than him/her (??) and I am wondering what I am doing wrong. So to the point, can someone help me or point me in the right direction:

System Spec HP
Name: HP Pavilion dv7 113cl
Microprocessor: 2.032 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-70 Dual-Core
Microprocessor Cache: 1 MB L2 Cache
Memory: 4096 MB
Memory Max: 8192MB
Video Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics RS780M
Video Memory: Up to 1918 MB
It is an SSE2 supporting CPU as well and has DirectX 10 hardware. I configured the Graphics accordingly.

The mystery here is why am I getting between 20-30 fps in game play... sometimes even 15 fps. Not to mention when I see cut scenes my CPU usage is only using 50% and I am getting 20 fps.

Also, i have played around with speed hacks and I haven't figured a good combo to make this work. I have read that all others need to do was to work with speed hacks, but I dont know what I am doing wrong there ether. I dont care if I play with the crappiest res and graphics, I just want to play my game on the emulator using save states and save editing... Plus I cant very well take my play station to the U and play on my breaks Tongue

Sponsored links

Your CPU is old and weak (even a Core 2 Duo CPU clocked at 2Ghz is a bit weak, and that is more powerful than your 2Ghz CPU), and your integrated graphics card doesn't help.

You can try using the latest public beta and select D3D 10 Hardware mode with Native resolution checked. Experiment with speed hacks, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for full speed gameplay...
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Do you have vsync enabled by any chance in either GSdx or your graphic card's control panel?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thank you guys for the quick response... I am using the beta, everything is fully updated as I am aware of (unless something new came out two days ago).

I dont have vsynk enabled in GSdx, I opened Catalyst Control Center and I put performance over quality, I didn't see any vsync option.

I know my specs for my laptop are bleak, but I have hope that I might be able to play FFXII even if a little laggy, but for now it is not playable being only 15 fps.
Uh which one is it FFX-2 or FFXII? FFXII needs a better GPU to run so you need to check the "native" option in GSdx to get better speeds. You might also want to try enabling/disabling "allow 8-bit textures" if available to you and i'd try also using DX9 instead for your card.

Try also running it in the latest beta if you're not already as it might help a bit.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
OK I dont know if this will help, but I am posting some images of what I am seeing. This might just be in vain and I will have to get a better system. Unfortunately I really just want to play it on my laptop and getting a new desk top would be pointless, I might as well save me the money and just use my PS2 Tongue Thank you again Shadow Lady            
It's your processor. It's really slow for PCSX2 and simply won't cut it in most games, including FF XII
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Try setting the "VU cycle stealing" speedhack to moderate, might not do much tho as Bositman said :P
And just to clarify, the game you're playing is FFXII or FF12, not FFX-2 or FF10-2 which is a sequel to FFX.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Thanks shadow, "VU Cycle steeling" put about 10 fps... so it works well enough. Smile I plan on getting an awesome new area 51 alx system... that should do the trick! Thank you guys!

Pscx2 is amazing!!! Thank you guys for the time and effort in programing it!