Final Fantasy XII
(06-22-2009, 09:10 AM)Aemony Wrote: ... 7600GT doesn't include support for Dx10, no wonder it's slow and seeing as you have Server 2008 you're running it in Dx11 emulated mode, otherwise Dx10 would'nt even work for you. Stick with Dx9.

I think you're confusing posts... I do have another machine where I have a 7600gt and Windows Server 2008 but the one I use PCSX2 is 9600gt and Server 2008 R2 and it's running in DX10 Hardware. Dont know what this DX11 software mode you're talking about is which is why I think you're confused, If you're talking about DirectX level-9 feature that isnt implemented in the plugin yet.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Oh, yeah I'm probably confusing the posts. But Dx11 do have an ability do make old Dx9 cards run Dx10 content by emulation, or something alike. That's what I meant and I know by experience that Dx9 cards shouldn't run Dx10 content as this has a huge impact on performance (at least in the beta of Win 7 it had).
I have a C2D E8500 stock speed and ATI HD 4870... and the game runs full speed all the time (:
In directx.10 mode compare to directx.9 mode can give me 20fps more for this game. In directx.10 mode the lowest fps in first tutorial at swamp is 81fps for me with gsdx r.1357 res at. 1536X1024 with useing x1.5 speed hack.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Sorry, it was a typo, I know it's GHz.
Obiusly I can't enable DX10, and at any res. I try, always get the same result in FPS (except something crazy like 2048x1536), and I'm using the latest GSDX almost all the time. Overclocking it doesn't help, and it's a good oc, 30% for memory and 20% for gpu (except the geo domain Tongue).
The thing is that I think you need a minimum procesor for FFXII, being a core2duo (conroe) based cpu isn't enought, and a 7600gt has enought power at least for this game.
I'm using 7 now, and the 3450 has some bottleneck in something higher than native, but using DX10 helped a lot.
FFXII is the game use most GPU usage to run. When Barch use his lvl 3 quickening it used 100% of my GPU .. totally crazy though.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
O I have ATI Radeon HD4350 1914mb and I'm on a 1920x1020 res on my desktop if that matters.
It has 256mb, the rest is just stoled RAM.
And HD4350 is weak card and has DDR2 (lack of bandwith) overall is not good to higher res. Mostly you can play with native res to prevent bottleneck.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I had the same problem as you on my crappy Core 2 laptop with integrated memory with FFXII. I was getting around 40-50 FPS on opening FMV then dropping to 4 FPS ingame with horrible skipping sound and F'd up GFX. Finally decided I needed a beast for my favorite emu that I can't play for ***** so I built myself a new rig a few days ago. New specs as follows.

Vista x64 Ultimate
MSI X58 Platinum Motherboard that supports up to 24 gigs of ram rofl.
Intel Core i7 920 processor clocked at 2.66 ghz
6 GB of Corsair DDR3 SDRAM clocked at 1333 mhz
BFG Nvidia GTX 275 w/ 896 MB GDDR3
1TB Barracuda HD at 7200 RPM at 3 GB/sec
All resting peacefully and surprisingly quietly in a Cool Masters highly ventilated case which sports six (6!) fans and is built to accomidate a liquid cooling system as soon as I can afford to shell out more cash lol.
Also grabbed a logitech keyboards and mouse combo
Also grabbed a wifi card.
Also grabbed a DVR/RW with lightscribe
Also dropped about 200 bucks on a 2 year insurance plan
Total: $1600

I could probably do some OCing now because the system runs pretty cool as it is. But I plan on waiting to install a liquid cooling system and a nice aftermarket processor fan and heat sink. Did I mention I am gonna be running SLI with dual GFX cards? I have a woody just thinking about it lol.

So here is how FFXII runs now... FMV's without frame limiting...90-100+ FPS.
Ingame in combat with full party around 70-80+ FPS. These are all on the highest settings while having web browsers open and downloading about a half dozen torrents at once on azureus/vuze and doing a bunch of other stuff lol. I have never met a woman that made be this happy lol. Prolly because my PC gets the job done fast and doesn't complain lol.
I cant wait till I start to OC. Best thing is, since I bought all my parts for dirt cheap at MicroCenter (check out their website, cheaper than anywhere guaranteed) I insured all the parts with them. So if I OC and fry my ***** they hand me a brand new part on the spot no questions asked. No dealing with the company that made the parts or anything. A simple visit to the store and a trade. Can't get better than that.