Final Fantasy XII (12) Unable to Save on MMC?
Hi there

My problem is that whenever I want to save at a crystal, it doesn't show me the save menu, just a black screen which stays there so I have to save with F1.
But now I'm in Nam-Yensa Sandsea and it automaticly pops up a screen to save so I can't get past there :/

Any suggestions?

Game : Final Fantasy XII (SLUS 20963)

Processor:
Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7300 @2.67GHz

Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon HD 4300 Series

RAM:
3,00GB

Operation system:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32b

PCSX2 version:

Graphics plugin: GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.15
Sound plugin: SPU2-X 1.2.0
Controller: LilyPad 0.9.9
Cdvdrom: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
Bios: Europe v02.00 (14/06/2004) Console
CPU Config: checked: EEREC, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS & Limit (61)
Gamefixes: Both checked
Speed Hacks: checked: Default, INTC, IOP x2 Cycle Rate, WaitCycles Sync Hack
Advanced: (EE RECS options checked) Chop/zero , None, Flush to zero & Denormals are zero
(VU Recs Options checked) Chop/zero, None, Flush to zero & Denormals are zero

Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

1) Use beta 0.9.7
2) Disable ALL speed hacks
3) Disable all game fixes (there is NONE for FFXII so no idea which you used)
4) Set VU and EE clamping back to normal from none.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Try without speedhacks, disable the gamefixes, set the advanced settings to default.
Make sure the memcard is formatted and working.

Do you get any kind of error in the console/output window when the error happens?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I did this now with 0.9.6

Turn off all speedhacks, disable the 2 gamefixed and did all advanced settings to default but still doesn't work.

Nothing shows in the console only when I press esc it says this
* SPU2: Waiting for DSound thread to finish... Done.

Nothing else, and ow at top there is something like

5664 | 512 x 448 | 60.95 fps (101%) | Interlaced (field) - None |16:9 | 0/51/22 | 9% CPU | 420.66 | 86.00

and when I try to save at the crystal or that screen, everything behind 16:0 goes to 0 so 0/0/0 | 0%CPU | 0.00 | 0.00

I'll try to do it with 0.9.7 now
& hmm whenever I want to start my game it starts the ps2 menu :/
what am I doing wrong?

I'm talking about 0.9.7 now

EDIT: Ok I have accomplished to make the cd work but now I can't load my savestates from the 0.9.6?
No 0.9.6 states are not compatible with 0.9.7 states. You don't have ANY memcard save from the game? It is very possible the bug has been recorded per say on your saved state so no matter what settings you change the moment you load it, the bug gets loaded too...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ok I've tried 0.9.7 , Result : I can load the game , get into save menus but I can't load my savestates

0.9.6 , I read that it has to do something with SPU2-X plugin so I downloaded some others but still no savemenu

source: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXII-0-9...-auto-save
Hmm no I don't have any memcard saves because every time I tried a crystal the screen turns black and nothing happens...
& ow thats painfull, to start from the beginning, I also send a pm to Kopogero because he had the same problem and he fixed it with some sound plugin.

EDIT: I'm starting the game from the beginning again, hopefully it will work now :/

Thanks anyway !
(08-17-2010, 03:17 PM)KENNITHH Wrote: Ok I've tried 0.9.7 , Result : I can load the game , get into save menus but I can't load my savestates

0.9.6 , I read that it has to do something with SPU2-X plugin so I downloaded some others but still no savemenu

source: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXII-0-9...-auto-save

I think your getting save files and save states mixed up. As the above poster said, 0.9.6 save STATES are not compatible with 0.9.7. The memory card save FILES are compatible.

This may sound stupid but have you selected and enabled a memory card? Have you formatted it? Does the memory card work with other games?

If you do have a memory card selected, did you select the official Sony 8MB version? Selecting others might give you save errors.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
I know what Save states and memory card saves are

I just cant get to the screen to save on a memory card (it turns black and CPU use 0%), I can only use save states so thats why I'm using it

But now I'm at a location where it automaticly chooses to get to the screen to save on a memory card but I can't see them so game hangs

& yes i have memory card enabled and yes its formatted but this is the only game I play on ps2 because fifa street 2 doesn't work properly x)

(I've played final fantasy 10 on the pcsx2 before and I could save there but it was on 0.9.4)

EDIT : (I'm now playing on 0.9.7 from the beginning and I can save at a crystal now , but hmpf now I lost all my saves Sad )