Final Fantasy XII - Black screens and weird frames
So, first of all, I've used PCSX2 before on my computer and it worked just fine.
I'm not sure about all the specs of that computer, but I'm pretty sure the laptop the I bought is supposed to be better than it.
Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8016 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-4210M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 2.594 ghz (4 logical threads)
Graphics Card = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

If I forgot something I'll add later.

Okay, I'm trying to play Final Fantasy XII, and after I select new game some strange things start to happen. In the beginning there is a cutscene, the first couple of seconds the screen is black until the screen flashes with some pixelated pink triangular shapes. The screen goes back to "normal" afterwards, as the cutscene happens normally, but all text is black instead of white.
The next scene is also a small cutscene with the background of a book and some text over it. The text also goes black and it's impossible to read. That's not even the start of the problem, because there is equivalent voice over, but after that scene everything is black and nothing I do can solve it.

So, I've been messing with the Video Settings and nothing seems to solve the problem. I even tried downloading a different ISO, but that didn't solve it either.

These are my current settings, and I've tried with many different options, including turning off the hacks and using the Default Hardware Driver as Adapter.

Tried almost every single hack combination possible. Just Alpha, just Half-Pixel Offset, both and so on. Nothing helps much except make the fps more constant.

Not sure if this is relevant, but thought I'd put it here.

Couldn't record because the fps was dropping too much, so I can't really show the pixelated stuff, but I hope this is enough for you to understand and help me out.

Sponsored links

Quote:I even tried downloading a different ISO

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go