Final Fantasy XII Settings
I have dabbled around with PCSX2 before, just mainly making sure it works and stuff, but I'm actually going to sit down and play an entire game through from start to finish now. I'm playing Final Fantasy XII. I want it to look just as good as it absolutely can, without and problems! I'm running PXSX2 1.0.0 I have an Intel Core i7 920 (Nehalem) processor, running stock (2.6 Ghz), 6GBs DDR3 RAM, and an Nvidia 570. I'm connected to my 47" HDTV via HDMI, and output a resolution of 1920x1080, which is what I want FFXII to run at. Is there anything special I need to do? This is how I've set it up:

Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Interlacing: Auto
Custom Resolution: 1920x1080
I have Texture Filtering, Allow 8 bit textures, and Enable Hardware hacks (MSAA16x) enabled. Under Extra Rendering Threads, I have it set to 4, and I've enabled Edge Anti-Aliasing.
Under Window settings, I've got the Aspect Ratio set to Widescreen 16:9 (And have the in game settings set to 16:9). I also have the Custom Window Size set to 1920x1080, and I have Wait for VSync on Refresh checked.

Have I got everything how it should be? With these settings, I'm not noticing any slowdown at all.
Thanks!

Sponsored links

u should be fine, if u have a problem it should be with the basch mist atack the 3rd one iirc(it was a gsdx problem in the past i have to use a old version, im not playing ffxii rnow so i dunno if the bug is gone or not or if only the ati/amd gpus were having this issue)

Enable all the recommended speedhacks, because for some reason FFXII stutters ocasionally in cutscenes/gameplay and camera rotation isn't as smooth. Set the Shade Boost to optimize the colors and what not. Extra Rendering/Edge Anti-Aliasing only activates in Software Mode (so it's useless if you're going hardware mode).

Idk about HW Hacks for MSAA, since I heard about edges becoming too smooth for anything over 8x MSAA. It's barely noticeable even over x4. Instead, I recommend going x8 MSAA with conditional Vsync (in case any slowdown happens in the game, if not just stick with your original settings).
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
FFXII will still slow down in a couple of areas.

Basch's Level 3 Quickening will drop you to about 20fps during the explosion. That's the only notably huge drop. Everywhere else should be 45-50 if you're running PAL or 55-60 if you're running NTSC.

Although I have yet to reach the end of the Pharos at Ridoranna and face Yiazmat and the Hell Wyrm so we shall see.

EDIT: No lag in the Pharos. However, there are buggy textures all over the place in certain areas/fights. You can see through the walls of the Rabanastre shops, Gilgamesh fights result in large shadows across the arena, etc.
"I have Texture Filtering, Allow 8 bit textures, and Enable Hardware hacks (MSAA16x) enabled. Under Extra Rendering Threads, I have it set to 4, and I've enabled Edge Anti-Aliasing."

extra rendering threads doesn't do anything outside of software rendering

and msaa 16x is overkill
Was there ever a consensus on the cause of the "invisible walls/floors in Rabanastre" bug?

I've looked back through the forums, and it seems like it could have been either a bug in DX9 or a bug with Intel chips. Right now I'm just running on the integrated GPU on this: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_S...P8H61M_LE/ (don't care about performance as long as recording works). The specs say it supports DX10, but I still had the problem using the DX10 hardware renderer. But I tried the solution from this old thread that said it was a DX9 issue (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Some-Fina...nown-issue) using the old 0.1.14 release of GSdx, and that fixes the display problem, but screws up recording.

So do I just need a vid card with a not-Intel GPU?