Final Fantasy XII - invisible loot drops
Have you tried the opensource drivers with GSdx? Says here the HD 7000 series is fully supported:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU

Sponsored links

(10-07-2014, 04:39 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: Have you tried the opensource drivers with GSdx? Says here the HD 7000 series is fully supported:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver

Both GS plugins fail to load when I use the open-source drivers. Sad
Somewhere in GSdx config on linux is an option to disable separate shader or something(I forget what it's called). I know gregory is always asking people to try that. So you might try it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Do you have any backtrace with Catalyst/GSdx configuration? Try to remove GSdx.ini and reconfigure it.

@Blyss, actually it only impacts the rendering quality.
FGLRX package in Ubuntu is quite old, as in, about a year old. Numerous changes have been made since then. Have you considered manually updating to the latest Catalyst (as in, from the AMD site)?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(10-07-2014, 01:45 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: FGLRX package in Ubuntu is quite old, as in, about a year old. Numerous changes have been made since then. Have you considered manually updating to the latest Catalyst (as in, from the AMD site)?

BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin Thankyou! GSdx now works with the latest AMD drivers from their website and loot drops are showing up! This does have the negative effect of 0x AA but oddly enough it has improved the graphical quality of menus/shops that ZZ Ogl PG could not. I don't know if FMVs will play with GSdx without crashing - will have to test this and come back with results.

Edit: I get FPS drops in menus/shops with GSdx, not sure why. Goes from about 50 -> 30 FPS.
EDIT 2: nevermind, fixed the above^ problem by changing from software to hardware renderer
edit3: I am getting a lot of crashes with GSdx that I never got with ZZ Ogl PG, it happens both in FMVs and in the game itself.
edit4: I am going to stick with ZZ Ogl PG because GSdx (both software and hardware renderer) is crashing too much, I'll just have to put up with the invisible loot problem.
Glad to hear it's working man. How come you have on AA though? You should be able to turn it on by clicking on putting a checkmark on 'Enable HW Hacks' and clicking on 'Configure'.
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(10-07-2014, 06:51 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Glad to hear it's working man. How come you have on AA though? You should be able to turn it on by clicking on putting a checkmark on 'Enable HW Hacks' and clicking on 'Configure'.

It works, as in it is showing loot drops, but it is crashing too much. I'm gonna have to stick with ZZ Ogl PG.
Oh I see. That sucks. BTW I totally meant to say 'How come you have no AA though?' lol.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(10-07-2014, 07:03 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Oh I see. That sucks. BTW I totally meant to say 'How come you have no AA though?' lol.

I didn't know where the AA settings was on GSdx! Good to know incase there are any stable linux versions in future.