Final Fantasy XII - invisible loot drops
Question 
GPU: Radeon HD 7950
PCSX2 version: 1.3.0.0 (svn) <-- directly from the ppa
GS Plugin: ZZ Ogl PG 0.4.0

I have finally managed to get the graphics and audio working almost perfectly, even at 16x AA (it looks better than on an actual PS2)! But, out of all the graphical problems that still show up - most of which I'm not fussed about, this one is very annoying. Loot can be picked up from defeated mobs but it is invisible. All help is appreciated and I hope this is the right place to post this! Smile

I have also checked the game files with md5sum and got the correct hash. I do not run the game in fullscreen because it sometimes causes a kernel panic when I try to exit from fullscreen.

Sponsored links

what are you graphics drivers?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-07-2014, 03:05 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: what are you graphics drivers?

Sorry Mellow, forgot to mention that: I'm using the proprietary drivers (fglrx) that come with Catalyst.
Does this happen when you use gdsx?
(10-07-2014, 03:22 AM)Clank Wrote: Does this happen when you use gdsx?

Unfortunately my save file won't even load when I try GSdx. The original reason I made the change from GSdx to ZZ Ogl PG was because GSdx caused an FMV to crash during the intro.

Edit: an FMV during the tutorial level when you play as Reks, not the intro.
Update: loot drops from bigger chains show a big rotating mono-coloured square. It appears that PCSX2 can't find the image for the bigger loot drops (as with the smaller ones too) and is replacing it with this 2D graphic.
maybe try remaking your iso
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-07-2014, 04:02 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: maybe try remaking your iso

I stated in the original post that I used md5sum to check any errors with the game files. It's definitely not the ISO causing this.

Edit: spelling
Does Zero have a software mode like GSdx does? If so, try running in software mode.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(10-07-2014, 04:27 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: Does Zero have a software mode like GSdx does? If so, try running in software mode.

It doesn't have any options to change the backend renderer.

When I did initially try GSdx it would only work with the software renderer, but only for so long and now it doesn't work at all. Hardware renderer has never worked for me when I tested it on GSdx.

Edit: spelling again -_-