Final Fantasy XII lagging
Can someone please explain to me why Final Fantasy XII is lagging. I can play a game LoL on max settings, but when I play something along the lines of a Ps2 emulator, I lag... This makes no sense to me. Can someone help. My specs are as follows;

Processor: AMD A4 63000 APU 3.7 GHz (dual core)
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.2 usable, don't know if this matters, but I put it anyway.)
System Type: 64-bit
Operating System: Windows 8
Graphics Card: Radeon 8370d HD graphics

If anything else is required for you to help me, please let me know. I'll respond as soon as I can.

Sponsored links

Your CPU is a single core with HT.
That probably explains why...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-25-2015, 09:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Your CPU is a single core with HT.
That probably explains why...

My computer says it's a dual core processor, either that or I have two of them in my PC, which would be awkward. Even so, wouldn't 3.7 GHz of processing speed be enough to handle a simple emulator? I'm not doing anything else while playing the game. Just telling me my processor sucks isn't solving anything. I'm trying to upgrade, but I need to save up some cash.
It is a dual core actually. But it's such a slow one that it won't be of any use for PCSX2.

(Passmark info is wrong btw)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Quote:My computer says it's a dual core processor
1 physical +1 logical brought with HT.
You need at least a dual core (2 physical cores) to get good speeds.
Edit : forget it. Just saw blyss post...
Quote:wouldn't 3.7 GHz of processing speed be enough to handle a simple emulator?
If it was a "simple emulator", then probably, yes. But it's far from being one.
Quote:Just telling me my processor sucks isn't solving anything. I'm trying to upgrade, but I need to save up some cash.
You can try to fiddle with speedhacks. But the best you can do for now is playing it on your ps2 until you saved enough cash to upgrade...
So the main problem is my Processor? That's it? Okay, thanks guys. I didn't know it was that bad. I bought this computer new this year for 500$. So I didn't think much of it would need to be upgraded to do simple gaming. But, I guess I was wrong, anyway, thanks guys.
(05-25-2015, 10:25 PM)| Pyro | Wrote: So the main problem is my Processor? That's it? Okay, thanks guys. I didn't know it was that bad. I bought this computer new this year for 500$. So I didn't think much of it would need to be upgraded to do simple gaming. But, I guess I was wrong, anyway, thanks guys.

Well PCSX2 is not "simple gaming." Your CPU is enough for many PC games. But emulating a console requires power order of magnitude more than the console you are emulating. On top of that, the PS2 has multiple things to emulate making it even worse.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
That is true, but you also got to take into affect that Ps2 is was released 15 years ago, so you would think that a computer I bought, specifically for gaming, would play, erm my bad, emulate a Ps2 system with ease. Yes, you are right, that it holds many other things, I just didn't think my, gaming, computer would be out held by an emulation. WackoWacko
Depends of the emulation.
S2 architecture is very complex and not similar to PC's at all.
Hence the big amount of raw power to emulate it.
@Pyro - Yeah, about the 15 years ago. That's mainly because of what I was saying - not only do we have to emulate one thing (Emotion Engine) but also many others (GS, VU0 and VU1, SPU2,) and so on. So we have the requirements of emulating something multiplied by having all those chips. And then they have to be mostly in sync.

That's why it's so extremely demanding.