Final Fantasy XII texture(?) issue/bug
so, i've just been trying to run FF XII on my PC, and for most of the time, it runs pretty smooth. even crowded areas/cut scenes are quite enjoyable. But of cause there are some minor bugs which annoy the crap out of me. Some spots/textures/whatever just don't spawn/are transparent. Of cause i could just play the game with this small bugs, but nontheless i just wanna fix them. i'm just going to post a few images to illustrate what i'm talking about
i appreciate any suggestion which could solve this problem - thanks in advance. Smile
i'm using the .r1888 beta build with the newest plugins.

[Image: ff4w.jpg] stairs left and right are missing :/
[Image: ff2z.jpg] the building just stops :<

in comparison - the (old) stable build(or just the old GSdx 0.1.14 plugin) from the site doesn't seem to have this kind of problem, that's odd - but it lacks in states of fps etc, so i can't use it.
[Image: ff5s.jpg]

[Image: settingsj.jpg]
if you need any other pics/logs/whatever to provide proper feedback - just ask for it.

Sponsored links

Try to use Software mode or Direct3D10 because you are using Vista/7
Is your GPU doesn't support DirectX10 so that you can't use it ? Tongue
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(05-24-2010, 11:37 AM)ikazu Wrote: Try to use Software mode or Direct3D10 because you are using Vista/7
Is your GPU doesn't support DirectX10 so that you can't use it ? Tongue

software mode/hardware mode doesnt change anything, except that software rendering looks way worse :o
and yep, no directX10 here :< - but that shouldn't be the problem anyway
what is the graphic card you have?

also what windows you use? you maybe have dx10 but you maybe never done the apropriate updates
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I tried reproducing the problem with my german copy of the game, no luck.
Do you have some sort of cheats enabled by chance? Anything like that? Tongue2
(05-24-2010, 12:37 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: what is the graphic card you have?

also what windows you use? you maybe have dx10 but you maybe never done the apropriate updates

i still use a geforce 7600 gt, so as i said - no dx10 here (and yeah, i updated dx like 2 days ago) - i'm actually using windows vista 64bit

(05-24-2010, 01:03 PM)rama Wrote: I tried reproducing the problem with my german copy of the game, no luck.
Do you have some sort of cheats enabled by chance? Anything like that? Tongue2
that's weird - well, how can i check it? (maybe i activated any by accident or sth)

Quote:software mode/hardware mode doesnt change anything, except that software rendering looks way worse :o
update: i was certain that i already tried it yesterday, so i wrote it. i just tried it again, and yeah - software rendering seems to solve the blanket spots, but ofc it's looks pretty ***** :o
Maybe it's caused by 'Allow 8 bit textures' try disabling that. Also go to Misc->Enable patches and make sure it's off
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I know exactly how to solve this Laugh It has happened to me as well. What you need to do to solve this is run the latest beta (1888) program, with the stable plugins, and you will be fine. I know, this is a backwards hack, but it works. What exactly is the reason for this, I do not know. By the way, I did get a simple answer to my thread about this problem. So there you have it:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Some-Fina...nown-issue

Also: I know that the DX10 version of the plugin works correctly with the latest versions of the program as well. It's just that the DX9 code somehow does not work correctly with the latest program code.
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X
1.5 TB Raid 5 /w 3ware 9650SE

Am i the only one wondering why he has a german game with a USA bios?
[Image: 1454055.png]