Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Fantasy XIII
So ive been playing the game for a couple of hours now and still im just going in a straight line for hours on end. I had read that the game was linear but are there no towns or extra areas to visit later on?

Sponsored links

Well, I heard that you get like a little world map for awhile but, the game pretty much is a straight path. That's one of the reasons why I didn't even bother buying it, too retarded in my opinion. They need to concentrate on gameplay and stop feeding those dumbasses with graphics. They need to understand that the gameplay & story is more important than graphics. After FFX, the whole Final Fantasy series has been going down hill.

So yeah, you will get to walk around and have a mini world map for a very short time but, don't expect any side quest or extra goodies because you won't find any. Have fun playing the game!
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
great. the game has been sitting in its case for weeks for me lol; havent even started
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB
(05-01-2010, 05:07 AM)Master_DX Wrote: Well, I heard that you get like a little world map for awhile but, the game pretty much is a straight path. That's one of the reasons why I didn't even bother buying it, too retarded in my opinion. They need to concentrate on gameplay and stop feeding those dumbasses with graphics. They need to understand that the gameplay & story is more important than graphics. After FFX, the whole Final Fantasy series has been going down hill.

So yeah, you will get to walk around and have a mini world map for a very short time but, don't expect any side quest or extra goodies because you won't find any. Have fun playing the game!

Not entirely true since there are extra stuff and secret bosses later on.
It stops getting linear at chapter 11.
The game is far to easy and you will end up doing the same attacks over and over.
I personally don't mind a linear game tho.
[Image: 1454055.png]
Hmmm... "easy" "linear" and "same attacks over and over"... Sounds like I'm not missing out on much. Smile

Looks beautiful, though.
It's not a terrible game tho.
I still enjoyed it till the end.
[Image: 1454055.png]
Well its not bad but ive been playing it for 6 hours now and it still has not quite catched me yet like the first hour of grandia did that i played on a emulator just before or other old ps1 rpgs. Also the music in this final fantasy game is not even close to the old ones since the other guy moved on.