Final Fantasy "fuzzy" textures and sort
Hi there!

1: I'm new on pcsx 2 and it is awesome great job, faves!

2:
The problem is: I had a PS2 but it gone up in flames the last storm few months ago, and since then I did not have a chance to play. The original reason for me to buy a PS2 was FF X, so I have that as well Smile... so, I launch the emulator but it keeps getting thse sharp textures wich are not the way I remember them from my PS2 and it has some annoying bugs such as not showin a scene where it should and minor graphical bugs, like overlapping textures and some placement bugs if you know what I mean.

I hope this is the thread to ask, for some plugin ideas, becouse I think it is only a settings or plugin problem.

The System Specs:
Intel Core2Duo E8500
4Gigs of DDRIII RAM (thanks to XP it only sees 3 gigs... )
soundBlaster Audigy 2 sound card
His ATI HD4870x2 VGA

Please suggest me some ideas on wich plugin to try and (or) how to set them straith couse I think I goofed up big time, but I'm not sure...

Sponsored links

hi there.
i have another problem with FFX then you but here's the guide Bositman made for me to get FFX running. it still crashes but the grafik is as good as with a ps2:

(02-01-2009, 01:42 PM)Bositman Wrote: That bug should not happen with Playground.Try this:
Delete your whole PCSX2 folder (keep your bios files of course),download the Playground package from our site and extract it.
Then go to this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html
Get the plugin pack and extract it in plugins,get the latest beta (rev 658) and extract it in the root folder.Then run the 658 vtlb exe.
Go to speed hacks and check that everything is off,go to advanced and click default.
Then run the game using the latest GSdx plugin,ZeroSPU2 or PeopS SPu2 and see if it still happens
Try using another version of Pcsx2 Playground to fix the black screens bug, you can find it in sticky threads out there.

For graphic plugin, I suggest using Gsdx, and be sure to check NLOOP hack, Texture filtering and Logarithmic Z boxes (enable them) That would make the best graphic for FFX
(02-03-2009, 12:00 AM)ashke Wrote: [...]but the grafik is as good as with a ps2

That's not quite right, there are still some glitches left: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2760-post...l#pid16547
(02-03-2009, 04:14 PM)lightchris Wrote:
(02-03-2009, 12:00 AM)ashke Wrote: [...]but the grafik is as good as with a ps2

That's not quite right, there are still some glitches left: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2760-post...l#pid16547

You're going to get minor glitches like that regardless. Make sure you're using the latest GDSX because I've had that issue in some revisions while in others its dissapeared; currently I have one of the "dissapeared" revisions lol. Switch between DX9 and DX10 and turn off and on the texture filtering option see if anything changes.
(02-03-2009, 10:18 PM)darkt123 Wrote: You're going to get minor glitches like that regardless. Make sure you're using the latest GDSX because I've had that issue in some revisions while in others its dissapeared; currently I have one of the "dissapeared" revisions lol. Switch between DX9 and DX10 and turn off and on the texture filtering option see if anything changes.

So, are you saying you don't have these glitches? Whats your exact pg version, plugins, settings?

It's very unlikely that the problem is caused by the graphics plugin:
1) GSdx shows exactly the same errors as ZeroGS
2) The errors are completly gone when VU1rec is disabled
Alrighty, I'm getting there Smile!

Now fine textures, no missing scenes, only few graphical glitches, like overlapping thingies in the background, but nothing that I can't manage.
I use the latest of everything, so it is bound to be good. I have sometimes slow motion effects, and the sound brakes, + some times the voice is not in sync with the characters animation.
Is there a way to solve this, or my comp is weak?
You should be able to fix the sound timing problems by enabling Time-stretching for your sound plugin. If you get sound breaking, try switching your plugin. Also, I used to get sound problems running with GSDX in DX10 mode. Try switching to DX9 and see if that works.
(02-04-2009, 12:02 AM)lightchris Wrote: So, are you saying you don't have these glitches? Whats your exact pg version, plugins, settings?

It's very unlikely that the problem is caused by the graphics plugin:
1) GSdx shows exactly the same errors as ZeroGS
2) The errors are completly gone when VU1rec is disabled

Interesting. I'll see if I can post a screenshot of my setup here. Do you have the internal resolution matching the window size? If you don't it causes issues.

The config for the speedhacks is set up for shadow of the collosus, x2 is what i normally have it at, but I don't need any for FFX.

I'm using latest beta from the sticky.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-04-2009, 12:05 AM)Lord Fren Wrote: Alrighty, I'm getting there Smile!

Now fine textures, no missing scenes, only few graphical glitches, like overlapping thingies in the background, but nothing that I can't manage.
I use the latest of everything, so it is bound to be good. I have sometimes slow motion effects, and the sound brakes, + some times the voice is not in sync with the characters animation.
Is there a way to solve this, or my comp is weak?

I'm not sure but I've read somewhere that Gigaherz SPU is not working good with Square games, so try using another sound plugins