Final fantasy 10 speed help
(05-08-2009, 07:24 PM)reaverx22 Wrote: ur pc wont run vista

I don't think so. I had Vista on a Pentium IV 2,8 GHz, 512MB ram and a Radeon 9550, so you can have vista if you like it, no prob. But, upgrading to vista won't help you with pcsx2's performance. Not even a bit, i think.
Pentium Ds as far as i know are (at least) a little more powerful than P IVs, aren't they Tongue? You should have gotten framerates higher than mine... The best advice i can give you is to use pcsx2 0.9.4, i played completely through it with no problems, i've been seeing many bug reports of FFX for 0.9.6 and the betas. I haven't tried it, but...
Just give 0.9.4 a try, ok? You'll probably have to VU Skip to get full speed anyways, but you shouldn't get those slowdowns.
BTW, be careful with the new speed hacks in the betas, they reaaaally tend to mess things up.

Sponsored links

(05-08-2009, 08:18 PM)Cain Wrote:
(05-08-2009, 07:24 PM)reaverx22 Wrote: ur pc wont run vista

What the hell are you talking about Smile Stop spreading crap. Thanks.
(05-08-2009, 07:23 PM)raziel024 Wrote:
(05-08-2009, 07:03 PM)lightchris Wrote: You can't do much more then I'm afraid. The fps you're getting are normal for your PC.

awwww thats too sad...
but if i upgrade my OS to vista will that make it faster?...
at least a bit...
I agree or waite a little longer while the project is being perfected. I don't get amazing FPS either but eventually it'll be fine-- it's im doing since there's nothing more i can do with my pc (AGP + P4) LOL Smile

Very unlikely.

Try enabling all the speedhacks. If that doesn't help - nothing you can do but upgrade.
Hmmm...use the latest beta pcsx2 1059.
Use GSDX 0.1.7.
Delete all .inis file from the pcsx2 folder.
Reconfigure your pcsx2.
Enable EE X 1.5 or X 2.
Checked all other speed hacks.
Slide VU Stealing to 2.

If you are at the start of the game, where Tidus meet Auron, go to Config > Advanced. Set Round Mode to Negative and Clamp Mode to Normal, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero for both EEREC and VUREC.
After that, once you get suck to Spira, find a save point and reconfig Round Mode to Chop/Zero, Clamp Mode None, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero for both EEREC and VUREC.

Note: If any of the parts of the game hangs, change Round Mode to Negative or others.
First, sorry for hijacked this thread.

I wanna ask a question : Are the Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz core duo newer then the Intel dual core E2200 2.2 Ghz ?
which processor act better in Pcsx 2 ??

Thank for any kinds reply Rolleyes
[/quote]

he has 1gb of run there for vista will not run on his pc u need 2gb min and only having 2gb and use ing vist is a bad idea there would be ***** all ram left for anything else to use
AMD Phenom x4 CPU 8GB geil black dragon ram (4x 2GB) 1x 1TB hard drive 1x 320GB hard drive really s**t asus 512MB 3450HD GPU samsung DVD-RW drive with lightscribe and speedplus and more fans than i need

he has 1gb of run there for vista will not run on his pc u need 2gb min and only having 2gb and use ing vist is a bad idea there would be ***** all ram left for anything else to use
[/quote]

totally wrong ! Im having 1gb of RAM and now running vista ultimate fine with no problem. Even a P4 processor can handle vista fine.
(05-09-2009, 12:23 PM)blaze_spirit Wrote: First, sorry for hijacked this thread.

I wanna ask a question : Are the Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz core duo newer then the Intel dual core E2200 2.2 Ghz ?
which processor act better in Pcsx 2 ??

Thank for any kinds reply Rolleyes

A Pentium D is nothing else than a dual-core Pentium 4 (and thus older than an E2200). An E2200 should be faster by a fair amount.

Modern Core 2s are even more than twice as fast as a Pentium D with the same clock rates.
(05-09-2009, 03:57 AM)menifest123 Wrote: Hmmm...use the latest beta pcsx2 1059.
Use GSDX 0.1.7.
Reconfigure your pcsx2.
Enable EE X 1.5 or X 2.
Slide VU Stealing to 2.

If you are at the start of the game, where Tidus meet Auron, go to Config > Advanced. Set Round Mode to Negative and Clamp Mode to Normal, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero for both EEREC and VUREC.
After that, once you get suck to Spira, find a save point and reconfig Round Mode to Chop/Zero, Clamp Mode None, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero for both EEREC and VUREC.

Note: If any of the parts of the game hangs, change Round Mode to Negative or others.

Sorry, but I'm a bit curious. Are you referring to the "Auron: Look!" freeze with these suggestions, or can they be useful to get past it?

(05-09-2009, 09:46 PM)ZLRK Wrote:
(05-09-2009, 03:57 AM)menifest123 Wrote: Hmmm...use the latest beta pcsx2 1059.
Use GSDX 0.1.7.
Reconfigure your pcsx2.
Enable EE X 1.5 or X 2.
Slide VU Stealing to 2.

Sorry, but I'm a bit curious. Is all of this useful to get past the "Auron: Look!" freeze?
that's a pirates' bug. I neve got it on either pal or NTSC U/C with the ones I own (yes, I own BOTH the PAL and NTSC versions)
Yeah, never had this bug also Smile Just as I never had a crash at the "yuna's hair" point Wink