Final fantasy X
Helo i have problem with this game fps. game runs good for most time with 60 fps but when first sin spawn cast demi on my party fps drops to 45 for 10 sec then continue normaly someone on this forum with dual core procesor wrote that he can play this with full speed on his machine with 2,5 ghz dual core procesor so can any one help me with config for this game?

Ps:my EE:80-100% Gs:15-25%

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 28,16 KB / Downloads: 771)

Sponsored links

Code:
first sin spawn cast demi on my party fps drops to 45 for 10 sec
Decrease your internal res, some attacks in FFX among which is demi I guess are heavy on GPU, soo if you have a slow graphic card, you simply need to play it at native or if you're already using native, set custom res below native(example 320x320 or something like that), you could also turn off texture filtering completely or try to turn ON/OFF "allow 8bit textures" as potentially this can slow it down or speed it up. (open config in GSdx options - it's on your 1 screenshot as "Nastavit...").

Edit: you have NVIDIA GeForce 210, I'm not really sure about it's speed, seems low-end card, and surely FFX demi is known to be heavy on GPU, soo above suggestions apply hereTongue.
thx for help but its stil same i think its my procesor EE% are dangrously near 100% how its this posible i dont think that my procesor is weaker than some old dual core maybe something drain his output but i dont know what it is. grafic card output seams to be normal becouse Gs is only on 35% max so i dont knowSmile
GS% shows GS thread, but if your GPU can't handle some effects it can still be low. Try setting x4 or x6 native res GS% will probably stay low, but your fps will go to hell as your GPU is not enough to handle it.
"How is that possible?"

Simple: 2.6Ghz (on Core 2 arch) is nothing special here. Having the EE% high isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it indicates that PCSX2 is getting the most it can from your processor (for the EE thread). If the EE% keeps topping out when you have slow-down, that will often be a sign that your CPU is too slow for the case, and it bottlenecking performance.

However, your problem is your GPU. That GeForce 210 is indeed a slow card. Expect limitations from it eventually, especially in the way of resolution.
BTW like miseru says demi AND fire(no fira or firaga) are the only effects that can slow down ur gameplays+one aeon, guess is ifrit i cant remember xD
I've been having the same problem with the demi attacks. I've been playing at 3x or 4x resolution without a hiccup except for those damn demi attacks.

I've tinkered with the 8-bit textures and texture filtering as suggested above to no avail. However the framerate will stay at 60 fps if I lower the resolution to 2x or native, but it doesn't look nearly as nice. Is there anything else you guys can think of to speed up those attacks enough so that I can still enjoy FFX in 3x or 4x resolution without those annoying slowdowns?

Specs are in my sig in case you need them.
Thanks!

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-3570K OC @4.5GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce Nvidea GTX 670 2 GB OC Edition (OC to 1262/1852)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4*4) 2133 MHz RAM
ASUS P8Z77 V-Pro MoboCoolerMaster Hyper 212+ cpu cooler with push/pull
OCZ Agility 4 SSD 256 GB
Silencer MK II 750W Silver PSU
Nope, your GPU is too slow to keep those effects in higher res at same speed as rest of the game. Only thing you could try is FXAA in svn builds which could make x2 look alike x4, but in some games that's a bit blurry and I'm not really sure if FFX isn't one of them ;P wasn't playing it for quite a bit.
demi calls is one hell of a b!tch effect on the ps2. there's not really a glimpse of a chance to see howto do that any better in pcsx2 than it does.

I'd do that on pure windows, faking it maybe, but not under that emulation env.

jsuk

bear with it.
(08-13-2011, 03:18 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Nope, your GPU is too slow to keep those effects in higher res at same speed as rest of the game. Only thing you could try is FXAA in svn builds which could make x2 look alike x4, but in some games that's a bit blurry and I'm not really sure if FFX isn't one of them ;P wasn't playing it for quite a bit.

Damn. I really hoped there was a way. I checked my drivers, and they are from March, so I'm downloading the new one that came out a few days ago. Maybe that will help. And can you point me to one of those SVN builds that has FXAA in it to try out?

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-3570K OC @4.5GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce Nvidea GTX 670 2 GB OC Edition (OC to 1262/1852)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4*4) 2133 MHz RAM
ASUS P8Z77 V-Pro MoboCoolerMaster Hyper 212+ cpu cooler with push/pull
OCZ Agility 4 SSD 256 GB
Silencer MK II 750W Silver PSU