Final fantasy X low FPS
well i tried every single configuration possible, and every graphics plug in that i have. only thing i can think of is my computer is to slow, but i run plenty of other games and they run fine, like GTA 4 and get about 50 fps, i play World of warcraft and get an avrg of 50-60 fps so idk whats wrong. i would expect a little lag but not like this, and it keeps saying frame limiter rate updated <update vsync rate> 50.0 ( in the images you will see)

Intel Pentium dual CPU E2180 2.00 GHz
3.00 GB ram 32 bit vista.
Nvidia GeForce 9600 gt

here is what i use for graphics: http://yfrog.com/0spcx2j

and i keep getting these errors: http://yfrog.com/jmpcx2errorsj

so can my comp just not handle the game or is there a solution? thx Smile

SadSad

Sponsored links

jdogg781517 Wrote:... but i run plenty of other games and they run fine, like GTA 4 and get about 50 fps, i play World of warcraft and get an avrg of 50-60 fps so idk whats wrong.

PC Games are completly different than PS2 emulation. Even if you can run Crysis on maximum with 60 FPS, there is no guarante that your PS2 emulated game will run at 100% speed

jdogg781517 Wrote:it keeps saying frame limiter rate updated <update vsync rate> 50.0 ( in the images you will see)

You are running a PAL Version of FFX
50 FPS for PAL is 100% speed while NTSC has 60 FPS for 100% speed.
PCS2 sets the Frame limiter at the 100% speed mark after detecting what Version you are using.

jdogg781517 Wrote:Intel Pentium dual CPU E2180 2.00 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9600 gt

Your CPU is a bit weak, 2x2GHz is too low for running something like FFX. Try overclocking it a bit (only do it if you know what harm it can do).

You can ignore the rom1, rom2, erom error massages. They don't mean any harm .)

Help:
1) Get the newest PCSX2-beta and plugins. Some things you use are a bit outdated.
Get the newest PCSX2-beta here

2) Choose the SSSE3 GDSX plugin. Your CPU supports SSSE3 so you should choose the SSSE3 version (it can only give you benefits).

3) Tick the native option in GDSX. This could squezze out some Performance in exchange for Grafic-Quality

4) Try activating the Speed-Hack "Idle Loop Fast-Forward" this works very nice with FFX and can give you another Speed-boost.

5) Create a ISO from your FFX DVD and load it with the CDVD plugin. Loading a ISO from a HDD is way better as playing the Game from a DVD-Drive. Most of the times it improves the performance.

a small tip: don't overuse Save-states. They can be corrupted very fast and most of the time break the games. Always try to use the normal Memory Card Saves.
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600 @2.7Ghz (OC'ed)
Mainboard: ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI
GPU: XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
RAM: 3GB DDR2-800
(04-19-2010, 11:21 AM)Kaoschan Wrote:
jdogg781517 Wrote:... but i run plenty of other games and they run fine, like GTA 4 and get about 50 fps, i play World of warcraft and get an avrg of 50-60 fps so idk whats wrong.

PC Games are completly different than PS2 emulation. Even if you can run Crysis on maximum with 60 FPS, there is no guarante that your PS2 emulated game will run at 100% speed

jdogg781517 Wrote:it keeps saying frame limiter rate updated <update vsync rate> 50.0 ( in the images you will see)

You are running a PAL Version of FFX
50 FPS for PAL is 100% speed while NTSC has 60 FPS for 100% speed.
PCS2 sets the Frame limiter at the 100% speed mark after detecting what Version you are using.

jdogg781517 Wrote:Intel Pentium dual CPU E2180 2.00 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9600 gt

Your CPU is a bit weak, 2x2GHz is too low for running something like FFX. Try overclocking it a bit (only do it if you know what harm it can do).

You can ignore the rom1, rom2, erom error massages. They don't mean any harm .)

Help:
1) Get the newest PCSX2-beta and plugins. Some things you use are a bit outdated.
Get the newest PCSX2-beta here

2) Choose the SSSE3 GDSX plugin. Your CPU supports SSSE3 so you should choose the SSSE3 version (it can only give you benefits).

3) Tick the native option in GDSX. This could squezze out some Performance in exchange for Grafic-Quality

4) Try activating the Speed-Hack "Idle Loop Fast-Forward" this works very nice with FFX and can give you another Speed-boost.

5) Create a ISO from your FFX DVD and load it with the CDVD plugin. Loading a ISO from a HDD is way better as playing the Game from a DVD-Drive. Most of the times it improves the performance.

a small tip: don't overuse Save-states. They can be corrupted very fast and most of the time break the games. Always try to use the normal Memory Card Saves.

this helped alot thx ^.^ now i don't go under 40 fps with the speed hacks, but is there a way to make is so they don't go pass 52 fps? in some parts it goes almost 70 fps and way to fast, thx for the help and immediate response much appreciated
Set the FPS limiter to 'Limit' not 'None'
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-19-2010, 12:14 PM)Bositman Wrote: Set the FPS limiter to 'Limit' not 'None'

cool got it, I'm kind of a noob to this just downloaded the PCx2 today, thx for the help guys and timely response, off to play the game now take care. Laugh
I have pentium dual e2140 @ 1,6 Ghz. PCSX 2 beta 1888.Plugin pack march 2010.And Final Fantasy X PAL rearly drops below 100 %. Set GSDX 0.1.16 ssse3.for grafic,and speedhacks use X2 cycle rate,enable IOP X2 CYCLE rate,status flag hack,vu cycle time stealing move it 2 times from the left,and you shoudn't have any problems.Final Fantasy X is pice of cake,but Tekken 5 is real chalange.Your grafic card is even better than mine.In cpu click on everything and set frame limiting to normal.If you set to frame skip in Final Fantasy X you will have grafical problems.
(04-21-2010, 01:02 PM)Game Wrote: I have pentium dual e2140 @ 1,6 Ghz. PCSX 2 beta 1888.Plugin pack march 2010.And Final Fantasy X PAL rearly drops below 100 %. Set GSDX 0.1.16 ssse3.for grafic,and speedhacks use X2 cycle rate,enable IOP X2 CYCLE rate,status flag hack,vu cycle time stealing move it 2 times from the left,and you shoudn't have any problems.Final Fantasy X is pice of cake,but Tekken 5 is real chalange.Your grafic card is even better than mine.In cpu click on everything and set frame limiting to normal.If you set to frame skip in Final Fantasy X you will have grafical problems.
WOW thx a lot, i just marked almost everything in speed hacks, it ran ok but lagged in huge areas with big back rounds, it runs a lot better with these specific options just as good as it would on my ps2 machine ^.^, but im using the same pcx2 version as you and i dont have gsdx 0.1.16, im using 0.1.15, where can i get your version? and is there a e mail list i can sign up for to get these up date notifications sent to me via e-mail instead of finding out about em from others?
Have you downloaded plagins package that is called PCSX2 Beta Plugins 11th March 2010,if not you can download it,it works:Glad to be of help Wink

http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
(04-21-2010, 04:24 PM)Game Wrote: Have you downloaded plagins package that is called PCSX2 Beta Plugins 11th March 2010,if not you can download it,it works:Glad to be of help Wink

http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
nice thx alot, just when i thought it couldn't get any better it just did. thx for the tip on teh new plugins, much appreciated.
i did everythnig u did but i stil get even 20 fps at moments