Final fantasy XII Menu lag
K well here's my system specs lol:

Centrino 2 duo T5800 2.0ghz (800mhz fsb)
4gb DDR3 RAM
GeForce 9600M GT 512mb

I'm using the latest 1474 build of pcsx2 with the latest plugins. I'm getting around 50 - 60 fps in towns i believe, but pretty much full speed in cutscenes and dungeons (at least so far with just van in my party). I'm using all speed hacks, with VU cycle steal at large. Oh and im using gsdx of course with spu-x for sound. but yea...the menu goes to 30 - 40 fps and i don't understand why it would lag more in menu than ingame...

Sponsored links

it happens in few jRPGs that when you have full inventory then it starts to lag, for me in FF XII it only happened when i had realy much licenses, try newest beta and try again, if you dont know how to compile most recent revisions here is a link
*removed*

thi guy compiles newest revisions and uploads them for download.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
Here's the link on how to compile your own SVN builds for when nataq's link gets removed:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2373.html
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
disable "allow 8-bit textures" in the gsdx settings.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(08-14-2009, 01:39 AM)nataq01 Wrote: it happens in few jRPGs that when you have full inventory then it starts to lag, for me in FF XII it only happened when i had realy much licenses, try newest beta and try again, if you dont know how to compile most recent revisions here is a link
*removed*

thi guy compiles newest revisions and uploads them for download.

You should know by now really well that unofficial build links are not allowed here. Consider this a final warning.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I was wondering how long that was going to take.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Could have been less time if you had reported the post Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Enh...I'm too lazy. I suppose I will next time, though.
Hmm, disallowing 8-bit textures helps a fair bit (from 40% speed to 70% speed). I can live with that, but i rather the menu be full speed cuz due to the lag the cursor is somewhat lagging as well and i keep hitting the wrong selection lol. Also i tried compiling r1621 i believe, and it is WAY slower...huh. like the cutscenes go from perfect to 60%...oh well. How exactly do i try other revisions? cuz i just have that big folder from using the turtoise svn thing. also, where exactly can i set the "target to release". i can't seem to find it in the drop down menu. thanks for help so far.