Final fantasy XII menu and in-game cutscene slowdown
Have you tried the MTVU speed hack since your cpu has hyperthreading it could help speed it up.

Sponsored links

(07-04-2012, 07:58 AM)hyakki Wrote: Have you tried the MTVU speed hack since your cpu has hyperthreading it could help speed it up.

Yep i tried it

now the GC movies and the in-game cutscnes runs smoothly with a 60fps - 56

but the menu is horribly slow !! ps the game will also slowdown when getting close to the fire not that slow but it will take down the fps from 60 or 56 to 54 - 50
you are using a mobile cpu i see, what are your temperatures when in those scenes? i wonder if its just starting to work too hard at those points.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-04-2012, 06:20 PM)refraction Wrote: you are using a mobile cpu i see, what are your temperatures when in those scenes? i wonder if its just starting to work too hard at those points.

It gets to 61o
hm its not that then...

Does 0.9.8 do it too?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Nope no high temperatures after running PCSX2 builds

i was thinking to upgrade my ram from 4 to 8 i thought that would help with 5 or 7 fps at least but i've heard that PCSX2 is GPU/CPU matter so changing ram will not increase anything "as someone have told me before"
I checked hd5650 specs and it's an awfully castrated hd5670(which I have;p) I would say you're probably GPU limited in the menus. "Allow 8 bit textures" in opposite to what was written here before actually slow down the menus awfully, althrough after turning it ON, GS drops to like half, but gpu usage get's like 3.5 times bigger;](at x2 jumped from 20% to 70% for me, which on hd5650 would already be limited and x2 is around same as the custom res you're using). It also makes my gpu limited already on x3, while without it, it get's limited on x4 soo it doesn't really help with other gpu limitations either. If you had it on, you probably can get a speedup in the menus when you turn it off.

Cutscenes are generally heavier over everything, HT will not really give you off MTvu speedhack what real 1 more core would;]. Dual cores at such clocks are just too limited for this game I guess. I usually can easily play at x2(which more or less equals to your custom upscale), and there are places soo non-demanding I could get full speed even at x6, but while my gpu IS still better, there are some moments that I would have to drop to native to run it at full speed;], soo upscale at mobile(castrated @_@) version of such gpu is probably limiting you in many moments as well, you should stick to native even if it'll not always make a difference.

And no, just becouse it's the simplest or one of the only ways to upgrade a laptop, doesn't mean it'll do anything for pcsx2, more RAM will not help you at all in this problem;].
(07-04-2012, 08:07 PM)miseru99 Wrote: I checked hd5650 specs and it's an awfully castrated hd5670(which I have;p) I would say you're probably GPU limited in the menus. "Allow 8 bit textures" in opposite to what was written here before actually slow down the menus awfully, althrough after turning it ON, GS drops to like half, but gpu usage get's like 3.5 times bigger;](at x2 jumped from 20% to 70% for me, which on hd5650 would already be limited and x2 is around same as the custom res you're using). It also makes my gpu limited already on x3, while without it, it get's limited on x4 soo it doesn't really help with other gpu limitations either. If you had it on, you probably can get a speedup in the menus when you turn it off.

Cutscenes are generally heavier over everything, HT will not really give you off MTvu speedhack what real 1 more core would;]. Dual cores at such clocks are just too limited for this game I guess. I usually can easily play at x2(which more or less equals to your custom upscale), and there are places soo non-demanding I could get full speed even at x6, but while my gpu IS still better, there are some moments that I would have to drop to native to run it at full speed;], soo upscale at mobile(castrated @_@) version of such gpu is probably limiting you in many moments as well, you should stick to native even if it'll not always make a difference.

And no, just becouse it's the simplest or one of the only ways to upgrade a laptop, doesn't mean it'll do anything for pcsx2, more RAM will not help you at all in this problem;].

mmmm...sounds like i have to build a new desktop ...

can anyone inform me with spaces which will make the emulating "nearly perfect" ?

EDIT : allowing 8 bit textures + native x2 will make the game runs in its perfect speed !! even in menus i really thank u guys but still i have to build a special gaming desktop

can anyone fill me with those good spaces ?!
get a geforce gtx 670/680, a core i5 2500k/3570k and overclock the hell out of them.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I have a solution that should work if you're only getting menu and map slowdown like I was.

I had a problem with major menu slowdown in FFXII as well, but it seems to be a simple fix if you have a multicore PC. All I did was increase the amount of rendering threads under "Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings..." Then under "Software mode settings" (assuming your rendering device is set to Software) just up the Rendering threads to 2 and menu framerate should be normal-ish. Better at least.

I set mine to 3 since I have the extra memory available, and apparently the more threads you have, potentially the smoother it will run.
So here I am with a pretty crappy PC running FFXII with a DX9 renderer (software) and it runs really quite well now!