Final fantasy XII menu and in-game cutscene slowdown
Hello everyone , as u can see its my first post here well i hope someone can help here's my spaces

ATI mobility Radeon HD 5650

4 GB ram ( 3.83 usable dunno how to fix the limited using of my 4 GB ram )

intel® core™ i3 CPU M370 @ 2.40 GHz

well the problem is when i play the game i get an awesome speed from 60 fps to 57 but when it comes to the cutscenes or the menus it will slowdown from 40 fps to 34 fps !

using pcsx2 9.9

GSDx 5330 (MSVC 16.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16

allow 8 bit textures = disabled

res = 1280 x 720 ( i tried the native resolution but nothing help not even with 1% better )

so if anyone know whats the problem if my spaces or my setups so please post here or pm i will really appreciate it =D

Sponsored links

both your CPU & GPU are a bit weak for pcsx2.
the 8-bit texture things should help on the menu slowness, though.
try enabling it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
but i run FFX and X-2 perfectly !

but not in this -__- its ok my friend thanks for informing me =D
well yea, ffx use pre-render scenarios and fxii dont, plus many other things. Try setting the clamp modes to none(ee and vu) and set the ee and vu speed hack to 2/1(u can try diferent values and c wich one works better for u)
I do have similar experience too.But comparing this game to othesr game,it is general acceptable.
(07-04-2012, 12:58 AM)kamwah99 Wrote: I do have similar experience too.But comparing this game to othesr game,it is general acceptable.

unlike u bro

i played DMC 1 - FFX - FFX-2 - Castlevania lament of innocence - Castlevania curse of darkness and grandia IIII

but when i wanted to play this all i get is in-menu slowdowns and troubled cutscenes !

now the question is , i bought a new 8 GB ram and i know how to install it but is this going to speed my PCSX2 games ?! all i need is more 5 fps only 5 !!!

@ecchiless

and how am i suppose to do that ? if u may tell me bro ...
Adding ram wont change a single thing.
It's more cpu/gpu wise...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Besides ,I'm total surender with the FF7.I almost break my joypad as I ***** (sorry for typo it is shoot) first helicoper .Damn slow.

Therefore,I gaveup and play the game with real PS2(opl+usb).Thought usb 1.1 only equvivalent
to 1x DVD.The gamma and the motion is still acceptable.
For a better experience with pcsx2 please read this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Quick-Sta...ide-v0-9-8
May be you can try 2 things
1)run your ISO from usb finger(Isolate HDD delay due to background work).USB 2.0 equal to 8-12xDVD.therefore no impact.
2)set a smaller size window at startup.After the window settled,enlarger the windows and let the render zoom the size.

I think there is little little improvement.