Finding/Changing Sound Effects
Hi folks!

Last few day's I've been trying to locate, and change sounds in the game Xenosaga III.. Specifically, I'd like to locate and change the sound effects that two characters make, making them use the sound of another character.

My original plan was to take a character who's voice changes (along with all battle sound effects, ect) near the end of the game, and compare the value changes to the portion of the game from before her voice changed..

Well, that got it down to about 100ish results after much dancing around.. And I can't seem to get it lower. I'm guessing the game has to apply every sound effect to its host separately, which would lead to many results..

Now I was hoping to use what I found as a sort of template to look for the other characters, which worked when I forced model changes on my player characters.. But the entries are so seemingly random I doubt that's possible..

I've been looking into directly patching the ISO file, I found ways to extract the audio, but no ways to import it back into the ISO.

So does anyone have any tips, ideas or suggestions? I'm pretty much at a loss here, been drilling this for awhile and I can't think of anything else to try..

For the record, I'm using the 1882 Beta PCSX2, and Phaste.. I tried cheat engine and Artmoney but they seem to give me really different address returns <.<.

Sponsored links

(11-11-2009, 09:08 AM)Primantis Wrote: I've been looking into directly patching the ISO file, I found ways to extract the audio, but no ways to import it back into the ISO.
As far as I remember, WinISO could do the trick. You can export the sound file with the program. After you tweak it and all, open the ISO with the same program(if you closed it) and just overwrite the existing sound file or delete it and paste yours. Then you had to go to File or something and click create ISO. Something like that.
What's the sound file format? AFS?

edit: And do make a backup of the ISO file just in case.
Hmm thanks for the idea, I'll give it a shot!

The sound format? Well its not AFS, I'm not sure what it is.. All XenoIII's files are split into stuff ending with .00, .01 and goes through to .10, with dummy files intermixed.

The file that includes the sound I'd like to replace is .01, which might also include other non-sound files as well..

In anycase, I'll give that program a shot, thank you =)