Fine tuning for upgraded System (about time .)
the last time i posted i had an AMD FX 4100, 8GB Ram, Radeon Hd5750 (XFX 1GB Edition) and was using a 360 Gamepad.

finally got to upgrading the System still budgeting and this is a "Hold me over" System w/ a job (***** and low pay but one none the less) in hand i can save up for an proper PCSX2 tailored Machine.

AMD A10 7850k APU (Radeon R7 Graphics as its built in GPU stock 1GB Shared memory reserved)
(still.) 8GB ddr3 1333 Ram (looking into Faster Ram as $$ allows since 90% of my checks goto rent )
MSI TwinFrozr Series GTX 760OC Factory Overclocked GPU, (2GB card)
Replaced my Wired 360 Gamepad (but this one seems a lil more troublesome)
(Using GIT Build: 1452-g07ec921 (latest one as one 4:05 AM EDT) )

with games i've allready tested (.hack//GU Vol 1 and Dawn of Mana) Much better Frame Rate but things could be Better.
any spefic GS Plugins/settings recommended? i dont want to use the APU's Radeon R7 at all because i only have the stock cooler till next month and i'm hearing the Heatsink Block on the stock Coolers for the APUs is one of the bigger Mistakes AMD Has Made(Inefficient at Pulling and Dispersing heat/acting more as an Insulator ..) though i tested it briefly after you obtain the great tree's seed the resulting areas using Nothing but setting 2x Native PS2 res.resulted in dropping from 60FPS to 20 or less with the GSPlugin in DirectX9 Hardware Setting.  (and almost maintained a constant 60 but never dipping under 50) with FXAA  on 3times Native resolution in Direct X 11 Hardware mode when using the GTX 760

as for the troublesome Gamepad, the left analog stick seems fluid up and down but left to right seems stiff or at times Over sensitive making navigating in DoM a PITA. (its not like this in other PC Games.[ex FFXIV, Warframe and other emulators suck as VBA-M,  and Dolphin]) and have not tried the old 1.10 build that had the best performance while i was still using the older FX 4100 PC.

Sponsored links

Your new APU is only marginally better then your old FX 4100 regarding single thread performance, which is important for PCSX2. And using the R7 obviously won't improve the performance, as your dedicated, superior card will always be better.

Have you tried using OpenGL with your Nvidia card?
If possible put your 5750 in your new PC it's marginally better than the integrated GPU.
(11-14-2015, 12:38 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Your new APU is only marginally better then your old FX 4100 regarding single thread performance, which is important for PCSX2. And using the R7 obviously won't improve the performance, as your dedicated, superior card will always be better.

Have you tried using OpenGL with your Nvidia card?

going to try in a few mins Just woke up (will edit after) as about the APU, its a "middleman system" for now because the old system bit the dust, and i didnt have much for a budget (i litteraly only had 160$ to use and got the new board and the APU as a bundle at Microcenter.)
(ok just tried at the same point i tested earlier, in the morning, using OpenGL over DirectX (9/11)w/ anything past default, framerate drops drastically.
but i started to notice in the log window its spamming "microVU1: Program cache limit reached."

(11-14-2015, 03:10 PM)bomblord Wrote: If possible put your 5750 in your new PC it's marginally better than the integrated GPU.
i only mentioned the IGP as i wanted to test it in general, i know anything intergrated will get smoked by an actual card.