First Emulator. Is my computer's performance normal?
I've read a lot about how it can be difficult for a computer to run PS2 emulators but I am confident that with the right settings, my computer can do just fine. Any input or advice is really appreciated. 

Hardware specs: 
Intel® Core™ i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90HGz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
8.00 GB RAM
Win10Pro 640bit OS.

PCSX2: 1.4.0

Settings: Default with everything.

Games: THUG 1, Aggressive Inline, Ratchet & Clank, & NBA Street V3. I wish I could run NBA Street Vol 2 & Need For Speed Underground but I'm afraid to run CPU-Intensive games if I can't seem to run these "less intensive" games.

What type of performance should I be aiming for? My speed is hovering around 50%, EE: ~85%, & GS is all over the place (30%-65%). 

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Ratchet & clank as well as NBA street series aren't "less CPU intensive".
You are getting normal performances for this CPU, since those games are demanding. Can't tells about aggressive i nline and THUG, though
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Are you running the games from disk or iso?
Try to enable mtvu under emulation settings/speedhack.
THUG is quite CPU demanding, it can seem to run smooth, but as soon as you turn towards the centre of a map performance can drop quite harshly.

Need For Speed Underground is fairly demanding too.

Aggressive Inline should run fairly smooth on your PC. Try using the MTVU speedhack on that game.
(04-22-2016, 05:49 PM)willkuer Wrote: Are you running the games from disk or iso?
Try to enable mtvu under emulation settings/speedhack.

All games are running from Iso. Will try mtvu enabled.
Tony Hawk Underground runs pretty good, and I would expect it to be full-speed everywhere with that spec.