First Specs for PCSX2 [Will it work?]
(11-22-2012, 11:44 PM)Kiptracx Wrote: A quick search definitely seems to say I won't find the 5850 for a good price at all. Places around here sell it for about $20-$30 more than the 7750 [which confuses me but whatever...] The monitor is still something I'm trying to debate about it. As in, I probably won't start browsing around for it until later on today or at a later date. About the most graphically intense games I see myself playing via emulation would be the likes of FFX and Dragon Quest 8 [again, both of which I do own]. But the monitor is still an unknown variable to me. I did initially wanna go for 4GB but pushing for 2x4GB would be simple enough, I guess. And so I know since even my friend isn't well-versed in everything, would purchasing two sticks of the same exact RAM [for example, buying 2 instead of just 1 of that 4GB stick] be good in terms of compatabiliy? Noob question I know but the concept has always confused me.

5850 is better than the 7750 so it's normal that it costs a bit more. 2 identical sticks of ram should not give any problem. There can be problems when the two have different frequencies, latencies, voltages, or maybe even capacity. But if they are the same model all of those parameters are equal, so no problem. FFX is quite light (I played it nicely with a Radeon HD4830 that should be a little less powerful than the 9800GT on a 1440*900 monitor), for DQ8 I don't know, I never played it. Anyway a good GPU could be useful also for standard pc gaming or for other emulators.
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900

Sponsored links

(11-22-2012, 11:56 PM)||dav1de|| Wrote: 5850 is better than the 7750 so it's normal that it costs a bit more. 2 identical sticks of ram should not give any problem. There can be problems when the two have different frequencies, latencies, voltages, or maybe even capacity. But if they are the same model all of those parameters are equal, so no problem. FFX is quite light (I played it nicely with a Radeon HD4830 that should be a little less powerful than the 9800GT on a 1440*900 monitor), for DQ8 I don't know, I never played it. Anyway a good GPU could be useful also for standard pc gaming or for other emulators.

Guess I'll just stick with the Radeon HD 7750 for a GPU, then. Weird, though. Always thought FFX would be a pain of a graphical thing to emulate but hey I'm not complaining. The only thing I see myself using the GPU for in the near future is also with the Dolphin emulator, and though I don't exactly see "Radeon HD 7750" on their list, I imagine it should be fine since they're fine with the GeForce 9800GT.
I imagine that about wraps up all my questions/concerns regarding this, though. Thanks to everyone who offered input.
Dunno if it would work for you but there are a couple of tricks you can do to swap 32bit and 64bit installation discs legally. Like, my laptop came with 32bit one and I said that I ordered an 64bit one and they changed it. It was a lie but they can't look it up somewhere to have concrete proof about it. Another thing is that alot of discs come with 32/64bit universal installations, you could be lucky on that. Another thing is to sell your copy of Windows and buy another with just the difference or something. Just be creative on tricks.

EDIT:
My friend got a laptop with 6GB of RAM and it had inside Win7 32bit as a phisical disc that was straight from the factory as so. I found it possibly the most retarded fail ever in technology history.
Then I found out that my dad's laptop had exactly the same fail. Then I took a look at the disc and it said clearly that it's 32bit. Then dunno why but something made me look at it's contents which showed that the files for the 64bit installation are still there, all present, they are just disabled and I found out on the net that you can re-enable them with a hack/script and a blank disc/USB drive. The installation is the same and the serials and licences are all valid, nobody can accse you for piracy or whatever since you physicaly have the original disc.
I have a nice 48in1 Windows 7 32/64bit disc for when I need to reinstall windows on a computer that has a valid license but no discs. It has most of the OEMs and for those it doesnt have theres the OEM all option. Plus it has all versions of Winodws 7 for the US so that I have no issues with that when one pc has a valid Pro license and another has a valid Home Premium License. Comes in handy when working on PCs.
I think it should work.
Here is my spec that runs FFX and Resident Evil4 in native mode for 60fps.
(surely, except for couple eye-sandy effect runs ..... )
Current Setup;
CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X2 215 Processor
CPU speed = 2.699 ghz (2 logical threads)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600GT [256MB]
Board: Magic-Pro MP-AKGX Extreme GTS (with ATI HD3300)
RAM: 4x2GB
Playable
Previous Setup;
CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X2 215 Processor
CPU speed = 2.699 ghz (2 logical threads)
GPU: Onboard ATI HD3300
Board: Magic-Pro MP-AKGX Extreme GTS (with ATI HD3300)
RAM: 4x2GB
Great in Map on FFX, but fighting mode slow on Thinkpad X200 with 2GB RAM only.
Wow lowend and old pc there buleo and FFX works fine because it is one of the most optimized game for PCSX2 meaning you can play it perfectly fine with lower specs then what you have.
If quote it "Perfectly" fine, Resident Evil 4 is the one that I can finish it 2 times including 2x Native Scaling.

Dragon Ball Sparking is no lucky ... it's a bit slow on my AMD x215 + 7600GT.
but still playable.

PCSX2 team doing a great job Cool that makes me no need to fight with my TV and playstation2. Haha. Biggrin
Something else I want to ask since I can't find anything definitive at this point [probably for good reason but.]
Would the 64bit version of Windows 8 work as well/instead of the Win7 version? It's a fair deal cheaper and it would probably be easier to obtain but if PCSX2 has compatibility issues with it or something, then it wouldn't be worth it.
(11-25-2012, 02:53 AM)Kiptracx Wrote: Something else I want to ask since I can't find anything definitive at this point [probably for good reason but.]
Would the 64bit version of Windows 8 work as well/instead of the Win7 version? It's a fair deal cheaper and it would probably be easier to obtain but if PCSX2 has compatibility issues with it or something, then it wouldn't be worth it.

Same thing but different layout. Its windows 8 and its ugly as hell. Windows 8 has changed GREATLY on how the setup is compared to all the other versions of windows. Have fun learning it.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
I've heard all about how... "creative" Windows 8 looks and feels in relation to 7 [and Vista and XP, for that matter]. I am well-aware of all the ideas they tried with it and how... stupid it all comes together. But barring that, from strictly a performance/compatibility standpoint, would the 64-bit version of Win8 still give results like Win7 64-bit? Has anyone tried it in detail yet or is it still too early to say?

Also, I've been discussing this with a friend and we're at a standstill; referring to the emulators themselves [not the architecture or anything like that], exactly how much better would 64-bit be when compared to 32-bit? I know it'd be "better" to run them in 64-bit but I'm wondering how [or why], exactly, and if the boost is as worth it as some people say.