Fix for ATV Offroad Fury 2?
(09-09-2015, 12:22 AM)Destructor rph Wrote: So this was one my favorite games as a kid and id kinda like to play it again. But, the game has some very strange graphical glitches and is pretty much unplayable. It can be played in software mode to eliminate these, but it makes the game *very* slow.  

Heres some examples:  
http://imgur.com/gallery/4gLaT/new

I know there are some nice and helpful people on here who have helped out with other such problems in other games before and i would be happy if this game could be fixed also. Thank you!

Alright I know this thread is old but I recently found a fix and fealt like I should share it with you guys since it seems no one has really found a solution as far as I'm concerned and i hope it works for everyone. This worked for me, it's a combination of things I don't know WHY it worked but for whatever reason it worked for me. So let's begin by saying it DOES work in hardware mode (and it looks gorgeous, much better than it did on ps2) but ONLY on maps that don't have water in them ( so desert maps). This sucked because alot of the awesome maps had water but to me it was better than nothing so I just played it for a while with desert maps only. Anyway, to play on a water map begin by proceeding with these steps. Set your Speed hacks to preset 3 and run it in Direct 3D11 Software Mode. Once you successfully loaded a map (that would normally crash with water if it was initially loaded in hardware mode). Then you want to switch to Direct 3D11 Hardware mode (This is going to result in the game running like crap with a wierd blue line and orangish dead textures that load when your tires are spinning and kicking up dust.) Drive around for a second and then switch it to Direct 3D9 Hardware mode. This will get rid all the dead and missing textures but it will still have a bit of lag and to fix this you simply go to the speedhacks and turn it up to 6 (all the way up) and that should get the game running smoothly again. Doing this in ANY way out of order will not work. I tried other combinations and all it did was make the water render everywhere (making it hard to see because the entire screen was blue as well as other issues) I'm not sure why this particular combination worked for me but for whatever reason it did. I am running this game on a very high end system so I'm hoping it's not because of my upgrade and it's actually because of this sequence I experimented with. I stayed up pretty much all night to figure it out and I hope that it works for all of you , as this was an awesome childhood game for me. Please let me know if this worked out for you guys.

Core i7-7700HQ  2.8-3.6Ghz
16GB DDR4 
Nvidia GTX 1070

Sponsored links

The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go