Fixing unplayable games
neo contra is still freezing at the big airship in mission 4.

i just tried with revision pcsx2-v1.3.1-924. cheats, fixes and widescreen options all enabled. speedhacks off and game fixes ee timing hack enabled.

i'm using the ntsc version. the following is written at game start:

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.61;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_209.61;1) Game CRC = 0x08901101, EntryPoint = 0x001011E0
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.61;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
comment: Patches By Nachbrenner
(GameDB) Patches Loaded: 5
Found Cheats file: '08901101.pnach'
comment: Patch By Prafull
Loaded 5 Cheats from '08901101.pnach' at 'E:\Emulators\PCSX2\pcsx2-v1.3.1-924-g0e783f0-windows-x86\cheats'
Overall 5 Cheats loaded
Found Widescreen hacks file: '08901101.pnach'
comment: Patch By Prafull
Loaded 5 Widescreen hacks from '08901101.pnach' at 'E:\Emulators\PCSX2\pcsx2-v1.3.1-924-g0e783f0-windows-x86\cheats_ws'
Overall 5 Widescreen hacks loaded

anything i am missing to enable or disable?

THX for your effort to get these games running.

Sponsored links

I have updated the Neo Contra NTSC & PAL patches to fix hang at 4th level. Since they are untested I am not sure if they can create some problems in earlier levels. Can someone please download these patches and confirm they are ok?

Edit: Yes, the cheat introduces some bugs in level 2. Will play the game from start to finish some day soon to fix it.
(08-08-2015, 10:46 PM)prafull Wrote: I have updated the Neo Contra NTSC & PAL patches to fix hang at 4th level. Since they are untested I am not sure if they can create some problems in earlier levels. Can someone please download these patches and confirm they are ok?

Edit: Yes, the cheat introduces some bugs in level 2. Will play the game from start to finish some day soon to fix it.

Game does not hang anymore in mission 4, just tested it. As you already mentioned, now it is not possible to finish mission 2 anymore.

Thanks for all your effort to make the game running.
(08-09-2015, 03:57 AM)Rosencrantz Wrote: Game does not hang anymore in mission 4, just tested it. As you already mentioned, now it is not possible to finish mission 2 anymore.

Thanks for all your effort to make the game running.

I updated the patches once again. Tried them myself. They seem to work fine now. I finished the game pretty quickly without any problems. There was one single instant of hang in the first level before entering the main building but after loading the savestate and killing the enemies on top first before blowing the tank seems to avoid that hang. Overall the game can finally be considered fully playable.
Maybe Gregory Horror Show is something for you?
Getting a problem with penny racers intro not actually skipping.

The old version of the emulator wouldnt get to the into movies. i updated to latest GIT version. now the intro movies play but still crashes.

I thought the cheat disables intro movies? I have a british version of penny racers, could this be a problem?
Oh, wow! So if NBA 2K5 is fixed, does that mean NBA 2K6/2K7 will be fixed as well? I've been dying to play NBA 2K7 again with my brothers! Godspeed, prafull!!
(09-21-2015, 04:01 AM)theSportOlden Wrote: Oh, wow! So if NBA 2K5 is fixed, does that mean NBA 2K6/2K7 will be fixed as well? I've been dying to play NBA 2K7 again with my brothers! Godspeed, prafull!!

I just attached the patch for NBA 2k7 to the first post. Can you please test it?
(09-21-2015, 06:23 AM)prafull Wrote: I just attached the patch for NBA 2k7 to the first post. Can you please test it?

Works like a charm! You're a goddamn savior!! Also, that NBA 2K6 elf is on the way! Thanks a million!
(09-21-2015, 06:43 AM)theSportOlden Wrote: Works like a charm! You're a goddamn savior!! Also, that NBA 2K6 elf is on the way! Thanks a million!

That's cool. NBA 2k6 patch now added to the first post so you can play that game too.