Flat Screenshots with PCSX2 0.9.9.4918
Zvahl Wrote:I understand what he is saying
No, you don't. Tongue2

As said whatever you type in the custom box is ignored when use select the X Native. So thus, the screenshots are of resolution of Games Native X(here 3x), and not the custom resolution.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]

Sponsored links

Either im really missing the point here, or there is something wrong, but the same issue happens no matter what resolution I choose from the drop down menu, including native.
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
GFX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Sound: Realtek HD Audio (Onboard)
Ok I'll try to explain it too.

1.Checking the native check box will make the screenshoot the game native resolution(no matter what your other settings are...including the aspect ratio)
2.Unchecking the native check box will enable you to choose between 6 modes.Using Custom mode will make the screen shot the resolution you set below in Custom resolution.Using anything other than Custom will multiply the game native resolution(the resolution you get when you check the native check box...not the resolution you set in Custom Resolution)by the scale mode you choose.

Using custom and resolution of 1024x768 will make the screenshoot 1024x768 even if the game native resolution is 640x448.
Using scaling mode,2x native for example on a game that have native resolution of 640x448 will make the screen shoot 640x2 and 448x2 =>1280x896
Does this happen with all games? Could be that due to some interlaced-related stuff (either at gsdx or at the game's output) you get half the vertical resolution of what you'd expect.

Try other games too, try changing the deinterlace mode at gsdx, and also try with the official 0.98 (r4600) and see if it has changed since for you. Let us know the results.
Also, FYI, just tried with latest (pcsx2 r4918, gsdx r4915), and screenshots with F8 work as expected.

If I set resolution to native or x2/x3/etc, I get the resolution which is displayed at the title-bar (multiplied accordingly for x2/x3/etc). And if I set a custom resolution (i.e. 1024x768), then this is what I get when pressing F8 (tested with SotC).

However, when testing with a game which outputs interlaced (tested with GT3), I get half the vertical resolution (thus "flat" by your definition). FYI. I'd say that's not unexpected with interlaced content.
You can try taking screenshots with a third party software instead like FRAPS.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-29-2011, 06:47 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You can try taking screenshots with a third party software instead like FRAPS.

What's wrong with ALT-PrtScn ?
The issue seems to have started popping up in the current full release of the emulator too. I am guessing more probably that I have just messed something up my side.

I will just use Alt+Print Screen instead.

Was opening the thread more to let the devs know than anything though, as anything I can do to point out possible issues can only help towards a better end product Laugh
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
GFX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Sound: Realtek HD Audio (Onboard)
(09-29-2011, 09:25 PM)avih Wrote: What's wrong with ALT-PrtScn ?

It will just capture ONE screen at once and also captures the title bar.
With fraps you can capture more screens just like F8 and it will only capture the game screen.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

(09-29-2011, 09:53 PM)Zvahl Wrote: The issue seems to have started popping up in the current full release of the emulator too.

Did you read my replies? It's related to interlaced content, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's always been this way.

(09-29-2011, 10:22 PM)Nexxxus Wrote: It will just capture ONE screen at once and also captures the title bar.
For PCSX2's purposes (reports, etc), with the title bar is usually better than without. Unless you're making a presentation, or if generally not interested in PCSX2's "wrapping".