Flickering backgrounds in Persona 4 with D3D11
(12-20-2015, 10:12 AM)joques Wrote: I've tried all the renderers. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about - the line running through the yellow box. You've never had this?

I think I also have this issue. Does this issue occur when you use the native resolution?

Sponsored links

Nope - only in higher resolutions. But if I'm to run it in native, I might as well run it on original hardware Smile
CPU: i7 4790K  GPU: MSI GTX980
RAM: 16 GB DDR4  OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Please try the align hack in hw hacks.
If that doesnt work try halfpixeloffset.

Please make sure you enabled hw hacks in the main config if you want to use it.
willkuer, just tried those two hacks, both separately and both together, and there was no change.
Can you please check if tc offset vales shift the line? Tc values are given in per mille. So 1000 should be max. Please check values like 0×0 (default), 250×250, 500×500, 750×750 and 1000×1000. just to see if that affects the effect.

I would rather giess that the upscaling of a line doesnt work properly.

You could also test different resoutions.
I have the same issues, black flickering floor texture immediately beneath the stairs in 1F High school (left of the notice board) during the cut scenes when the main character walks down the stairs during lunch time to talk with others. Also happens in game when I position the character in a certain way in front of those stairs. The sound on xaudio also slows down and distorts when saving and entering a fight for the first time. I tried 1.2.1 and a couple of latest builds, it's the same. I tried all possible settings and only the software mode eliminates the flickering textures. As for the audio, portaudio solves the distortion when entering fights but the saving slowdown and distortion is still there.

EDIT: specs: CPU: Phenom II X4 955 3.4GHz; GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 6850 1GB; RAM: 6GB DDRII; OS: Windows 10 x64
willkuer, just checked it. At 1000x1000 you get a very transparent grey box like in this first image. Instead of the black (ok, grey) line in the yellow box, you get a yellow line in the grey box (and it overlaps the wrong way). It also causes other glitches in certain menu texts - inappropriate lines above the text.

Coming down through the values the grey box gets less and less transparent, like in this second image. You still get the yellow line through the grey box.

At 502x502 it switches around, and you get this last image: A dark grey line through the yellow box. Just like TC Offset 0x0.

Edit: None of the resolutions make any difference apart from native resolution, which solves it - but then I might as well play on original hardware :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)