Flickering or black screen
Hello. This is my first thread because i am tired of looking around for an answer for my problem, and not finding one...
I have a good computer, and my pcsx2 plays games at 60 FPS. However, some games get a black screen (Such as megaman X2 from the megaman collection, no other megaman game gets a black screen except for X8) and .hack//G.U. that got a black screen whenever i entered a battle. After tweaking around with the configurations, Megaman X2 still doesnt play, but .hack//G.U. plays perfectly outside battles, without any lag or sound delay, but when i enter a battle the screen flickers from black to the normal game, and it starts lagging even tough my FPS is at 60... And also, the flickering stops when i use a skill or a rengeki.
I have no idea why does that happen, and i really wish i could fix it.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I apologize for the late reply.

I have a i3, which i will soon change for a i5, no graphics card yet, 8MB RAM and windows 7.
I am using the latest PCSX2 version.
The only non default setting im using is for my xbox controller, a pad plugin.
.hack//G.U. and Megaman X collection. A lot of games play correctly, such as monster hunter, but those two either black screen and certain points or flicker.
I have a solic 60 FPS, but it still happens.
Can you please post the emulog.txt after you got a black screen ?
Tried pressing f9 to solve the flickering ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Oh! Pressing F9 solved the black screen, but it caused some lag... The FPS went from 60 to 30-40

And the game didnt crash when i got a black screen... It just blak screen until i moved (On megaman's case) or after i finished the battle sequence ( .hack//G.U. )
Have you tried updating the intel drivers? Cause it sounds like a problem with the IGP of your i3. and an updated driver might help with both the flickering and black screen.
Well, the flickering and black screen were solved when i pressed F9, but it started lagging afterwards... Is it because it slowed down my software or is it because i need to upgrade my pc?
And i updated my drivers recently... And now that i think about it, some games that black screen now worked before i did that..
The slowdowns occurred because your pc isn't strong enough.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]