Fmvs of persona 3 FES: sound and video go out of sync?
Currently I'm having trouble with persona 3's FMVs having their sound and video go out of sync, and I think it's due to the fact that the video is going at 61.3 (or so) frames per second. After about 10 seconds they go so out sync that it simply skips the fmv, is there anything I can do about this?

My system is: Core2 duo 3.2 Gigaherz, ATI radeon hd4850, Sound blaster x-fi, 4 gig of ram (or 2, can't quite remember).

I'm using ZeroGS kosmos 0.97.0 graphics plugin and gigaherz spu2 driver (alphaR) 0.13.0.

My computer is powerful enough to emulate pretty well, but I can't seem to fix this. I can't use P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0 as it causes it to run extremely slowly, any ideas?

EDIT: it seems to mainly affect the opening fmv, so it's not too bad, but in game I'm getting some stuttering in the sound as well, any way I can smooth these things out?

Sponsored links

Do you use x2 or x3 speedhack?
How about using pcsx2 playground? That should solve your problem
(01-24-2009, 11:22 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Do you use x2 or x3 speedhack?

Haven't used a speedhack? Where do I find this?

I didn't know that playground was another version, I'll try it for a bit, what's the difference?

EDIT: switched to playground, and it seems to be going perfectly so far, I'll come back if I have another problem, thanks!
Well I switched to playground, and while stability is up, speed is generally down, I've tried enabling all the speed hacks, and that gives an extra 3 or so FPS, enabling VU frame skipping brings me to 58 FPS (tolerable), but it's not nice on the eyes, but I could use that. Looking at my processes, it doesn't seem to be fully using my CPU or RAM, so they're not holding it back, it seems it could only be the graphics card, what can I do to reduce the load on my graphics card, and improve performance there?

Also any way to eliminate the graphical glitch here:
[Image: 27018072hi2.th.jpg]

See the clipping of the hair and the head?
If GSDX bug, use ZeroGS instead.
(01-25-2009, 03:50 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: If GSDX bug, use ZeroGS instead.

Did that, seems to run better now, only a few visual glitches.
Something like carpet on floor partially missing? It's unavoidable behavior (it's not exactly a bug). Architectural difference between PS2 and x86 architectures.

P.S. http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2387.html
(01-25-2009, 03:54 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Something like carpet on floor partially missing? It's unavoidable behavior (it's not exactly a bug). Architectural difference between PS2 and x86 architectures.

Yeah, that's the main glitch left, every so often the entire image clips, but nothing serious.
About sound and video go out of sync, please try zeroSPU2 0.4.6 or zeroSPU2 0.4.5 and set two option for sync : Time Scaling and Real Time mode. I donnt remember well but i had play this game with that sound plugin and fixed well.
About sound and video go out of sync, please try zeroSPU2 0.4.6 or zeroSPU2 0.4.5 and set two option for sync : Time Scaling and Real Time mode. I donnt remember well but i had play this game with that sound plugin and fixed well.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.