Folder Memory Card Manager(FMCM)
I would like to be able to use this to view files that aren't connected to the ps2 atm. I just transferred my data from my ps2 hdd. Currently it only allows me to cards that are connected only.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb

Sponsored links

The program gets the game name info from the GameIndex.dbf and search for a folder called memcards in the same folder where the GameIndex.dbf or in Documents(depending on which version you use)

I can add a button or ask at startup to point where the GameIndex.dbf and memcards are but I will have to create an ini file to save the location.
The easiest thing(without adding new features)would be to rename the folder that contains your saves from the hdd to memcards and copy the GameIndex.dbf and portable.ini in the same folder where the renamed folder is.

If you have any better idea,tell me but keep those things in mind:
GameIndex.dbf - the program uses this file to get the games names
portable.ini - this tells the program if you are using the portable version or the installer version(to determine where the memcards folder is)
memcards - The program only scans folders inside the memcards folder that ends with .ps2 for a folder name
*snip*

Nevermind, I misread. Just had to put .ps2 at the end of my folders for them to read more than 2.
However, I would like to have it be able to read inside multple folders to find the .ps2 folders. Since I got it from my ps2 hdd, the memcard folders are in 2 or 3 folders already. I'm trying to organize my saves so taking the memcard folders out and placing them in the pcsx2 memcard folder would mess me up.
I'm not sure I understand...if you rename the main folder to memcards and all of the sub folders(one level not two or more)to something.ps2,the program will display each folder in the drop down list and once you choose a folder,the program will scan all of the saves inside.

Will having the ability to run multiple instances of the program be enough for what you want to do?
pcsx2 directory > memcards > ps2 hdd folder > subfolders.ps2

That doesn't show the memcard folders. However, if I remove the ps2 hdd folder:

pcsx2 directory > memcards > subfolders.ps2

Then i'll have a cluttered memcard folder and be able to see my saves in the program.

So what I'm asking is to be able to read within the categorized folders to see the .ps2 folders without having to move your exe/other files at all.
On now I understand...I think it can be done but I have to rewrite part of the program and it will probably increase the startup time.
But still,the folder that contains the saves(doesn't matter how deep the sub folder is),the name MUST end with .PS2 so you will have to rename(I have to tell the the program for what to look for and the memorycardfolder feature uses names with .ps2 at the end)

Edit:Actually is this what you mean...you have for example those cards in the memcards folder
Card1.PS2
Card2.PS2
PS2HDD\Card3.PS2
PS2HDD\Card4.PS2

And you want to see Card1.PS2,Card2.PS2,Card3.PS2,Card4.PS2 in the drop down list at the upper left
sounds good. i wish the actual feature of pcsx2 did this already but this is why you made the program in the first place xD
Read my edit
And btw I made the program because I want to know for which game those saves are...that BE...something something is not helpful at all
@edit: yes. and I would want to see those cards no matter how matter how many folders they are buried in for categorization. So for late replay, was doing some ubering. I know, I was the one that was talking about the subject when you came in and tried to solve it for me by making the program Smile
Well I'm done but I have to check now if everything is ok(especially the copy\mode\delete part)